Pre-Calibrate/Profile with 16-255 and verify the post-calibration with 16-235.
- Ted, I'm a little confused.For Pre-Calibration / Proifling: 2160p24 RGB-PC with patchscale 16-255, to generate 16-255.
For Post-Calibration verification :2160p24 RGB-PC with patchscale 16-255 or RGB-Video with patchscale 0-255. In both cases, Murideo with generate RGB-Video patches (16-235).
Five days ago, you said that it is necessary:
- Use PC-Levels ( Full Data) in SIX-G
And also 16-255 in LS / CS for both profiling and verification.
But now your says:
16-255 - when creating a profile.
And 16-235 - when checking.
CS Profiling: 16-255
CS Verify: 16-235
By the way, why did you recommend 2160p24 output for SIX-G?
Why is it better than 1080p24?
- Standard 17x3 which offers LS / CSWhich patchset have you used for profiling?
I found "Optimized Patch Sequences" with "improved grayscale" on Lightillusion site.
For example: cub17tub65-3.csv
But, in practice, they greatly increase the measurement time.
At the same time, they do not give any quality improvements on OLED CX
- Actually, I don't remember where I got this "1000p VR"The 1000 points you are measuring doesn't contain any primary or secondary color!
Where you found that 1000p verification run?
I think once, I generated it myself, inside the Lightspace.
Or maybe I found it somewhere in this thread.
OK. If this patchset is wrong.
Then I need the right one.
I will be very grateful if you can help me with this.
- Unfortunately, I did not save this simple measurement.Can you upload a Profile of Primary only before the profiling?
But the RGB-separation was great, visually no different from that.
In any case, the OLED 55CX is still with me, at my home.
I think for the next day.
So, if necessary, I can make any additional measurements.
But when you measured for verification 100-Point Grayscale, you found only 1 point above 1dE, and that was dangerous?
- TED,What do you mean that you have 1 point above 1dE, and that is dangerous?
I have never used the word "Dangerous" here, anywhere
I just wanted to say that I see a lot of great LG OLED calibrations by LS/CS in this thread.
After studying it, I got similar, very good results, for example, on the OLED C9 series.
But on the new CX, things are not so good. Although I use the same methods and advice.
Of course, I would like to understand why.
Here are new measurements of the same OLED55CX.
1) I made a new 10-Point Cube for testing and used it.
Now, in main mode, EXP_DARK_2.35, I can see 9 dots exceeding dE 1.0
2) I also took two Primary Only measurements on an uncalibrated Cinema mode
Just in case, one measurement was with levels (in Color Space) 16-255, the second 16-235
Here are the .bcs files