AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not into gaming, don't care about 3D and both have the features I can live with. I do like the look of the LG MUCH better though.

So, what would you get the Panasonic 58" S2 or the LG 60 PK750?

......or, find a 60 PK550?

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 408wd1 /forum/post/19534790

lg hands down 750 or 550 the s 2 is junk with the blacks that fade too and a bad pic

Please explain.

·
Registered
58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beasly3 /forum/post/19535208

He joined a month ago not knowing anything about T.V.s, but now he is an expert.

Didn't you know?

Just because he joined a mth ago doesn't mean he doesn't know anything

I wouldn't by the S2 either, the 550 would be my choice out of the 3 of them, the 750 has nice blacks but the 550 has been proven to have better blacks than the other two choice's.

Find the 550 in either the 50" or if you can afford or have room take a 60".

·
Registered
13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy sullivan /forum/post/19535300

Didn't know that only self proclaimed EXPERTS were allowed to have an opinion. But then again, you joined this moth and 12 posts ago so you must know.

Thanks for sharing your opinion twice.

I guess I'm different in that I don't pretend to know enough about a T.V. to bash it.

·
Registered
324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshredder27 /forum/post/19535261

Get the Panasonic. More reliable tv. Less risk of image retention or power issues. Better anti-reflective filter.

What he says above is true but the lg does from what all the experts on avs that I have read, say the lgs picture is better. I have a panny and Im happy with it but if I was getting a new tv I would definetly go with the lg over the panny s2. Ive heard a lot of people say the s2 isnt even as good as the s1. If your going to get the LG your going to have a lot more menu items to adjust the picture. If you could step up to the 950 Ive heard really good things about it. But the best tv that is not 3d , from all I've read, is the panny gt25. But to cut thru all us novices personal thoughts go to the chadb tv review thread you will learn a lot.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rongo /forum/post/19535375

What he says above is true but the lg does from what all the experts on avs that I have read, say the lgs picture is better. I have a panny and Im happy with it but if I was getting a new tv I would definetly go with the lg over the panny s2. Ive heard a lot of people say the s2 isnt even as good as the s1. If your going to get the LG your going to have a lot more menu items to adjust the picture. If you could step up to the 950 Ive heard really good things about it. But the best tv that is not 3d , from all I've read, is the panny vt 25. But to cut thru all us novices personal thoughts go to the chadb tv review thread you will learn a lot.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

·
Registered
324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rongo /forum/post/19535375

What he says above is true but the lg does from what all the experts on avs that I have read, say the lgs picture is better. I have a panny and Im happy with it but if I was getting a new tv I would definetly go with the lg over the panny s2. Ive heard a lot of people say the s2 isnt even as good as the s1. If your going to get the LG your going to have a lot more menu items to adjust the picture. If you could step up to the 950 Ive heard really good things about it. But the best tv that is not 3d , from all I've read, is the panny vt 25. But to cut thru all us novices personal thoughts go to the chadb tv review thread you will learn a lot.

I meant to say the gt25 cause the vt 25 is 3d I always get those 2 mixed up. Sorry.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
.. a LG model 58pk500 just popped up on Forum; said to have same features as pk550 w/ lesser inputs, believe hdmi, usb & something else. can be purchased locally thru BB, which might be in your best interest.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I am really digging my 50PK750. If I had room for the 60PK750 I would have gotten that. I think the 60PK750 and 58S2 are both Black Friday specials at Sears so you could go compare them side-by-side. There's quite a price difference between the two. Go to bfads.net to see the Sears flyer scan.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel'son
.. a LG model 58pk500 just popped up on Forum; said to have same features as pk550 w/ lesser inputs, believe hdmi, usb & something else. can be purchased locally thru BB, which might be in your best interest.
Really? Your post about such a TV is the only one on the web. Besides LG not, typically, if ever, making a 58" plasma, those model numbers sound like you must be thinking of the new Samsung PN58C500, which is similar to the PN58C550.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.