AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday while watching TV a cyan (pink) vertical strip about 2 inches wide showed up on the left side of the tv. It goes all the way from the top to the bottom (not noticeable at all on dark scenes, but really noticeable on white, or light scenes, there is video behind the strip).

I tried switching outputs (composite, s-video, cable), and nothing worked. I unplugged it, and messed with the menu settings, and it's still there. It looks pretty crappy.

This has been like this for 24 hours now. Should I stop using the TV until I get it fixed? Is it ok to keep watching?

Are there suggestions? It is past warranty, about 18 months old. Can this be repaired, or do I have to live with it (unhappily).

Thank you for any input, or information you may provide to help me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Amazingly, and to my great relief, this issue has resolved itself.

The pink vertical bar is now gone. It just disappeared while watching "The Office". I really hope it doesn't show up again. It was visible for 24-28 hours, and then just disappeared.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I wasn't sure how long my warranty was, if it is two years that would be great.

The problem is, how do I have a service call done on a TV that, for all intents and purposes, is working fine now?

Why is it bad that it disappeared? What could it mean? What could happen?

Thank you!

·
Registered
322 Posts
I mean just what you said - it's hard to fix if it doesn't stay broken.

So, you can either be thankful it's working right now or worry the problem will only come back at month 25. So if it was me I would almost hope it would come back, then I'd call in for service and hope it doesn't fix itself again before the service call.

I would also start keeping a camera around to capture the problem in case it returns only briefly.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.