AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the dvr in the new lg plasma sets looks very similar to the 1034. aparantly uses a 5th generation tuner and has 160gb drive.also has skip back and forward. Has any one used one of these? any observations?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've been using one for about two months now. Currently, the dvr part of the unit has been rendered unusable since the tv can't pull down the tv guide listings. They're shipping me a firmware update as we speak (I think) on a flash card that you slide into one of the memory card slots on the side. When it was pulling down the tv guide info, it worked ok.

Only complaints were 1) the recorded programs would not have show title next to them. Luckily, the dvr shows a thumbnail montage of the show, so you could hopefully figure out what was recorded. 2) if you stopped a recorded show midway through and switched back to live tv, I couldn't figure out how to resume the playback of the recorded show where I left off. It would go back to the beginning of the show.

I'm hoping that these issues will be resolved when I get the firmware upgrade installed. I also heard that it may induce other problems. Since I have no experience with the 1034, I can't make any comparisons. I do know that 160gb is a little puny for HD, since the unit tells me that there's 19 hours of HD recording available. I don't think the firmware upgrade will fix that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.