AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 3k to spend and would like to have some left over for a surround sound system. I am having a hard time however deciding if I should get this now or wait and see if 3d improves. I am by no means an expert and currently have a samsung hlt5687s dlp that has treated me well just want something bigger and better. What is everyones opinion on the 60px950. I do like the vt25 and pn8000 series just don't know if it is worth the extra cost. Please help totally lost.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just bought a 60px950 for 1599 with 2 pairs of glasses and I am very happy with it. The 3d is much better than any LCD/LED tv, and I would say right up there with the Panny. But at the price that I paid there was no way to spend the extra for the Panny.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am very interested i this tv for the price it appears a grewat value. I would have aenough left over for my sound system. Has anyone compared it side by side with the vt25 or pnc800?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I looked hard at the panny. I trully feel that the LG is just as good. I looked at both side by side, played with settings, 3d demos, just about anything that I think of doing in the store. I know some people might disagree, but I feel really good about the LG.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. Well I narrowed it down to the samsung pnc or the LG. The vt25 is just to much more for me to really tell a difference. I will go back and check out the sammy however I can not view a LG yet bb does not have it. I will game on this tv using a ps3 anyone have any input on this? I keep hearing about lag and IR.

·
Registered
362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RON82ND /forum/post/0

Thanks guys. Well I narrowed it down to the samsung pnc or the LG. The vt25 is just to much more for me to really tell a difference. I will go back and check out the sammy however I can not view a LG yet bb does not have it. I will game on this tv using a ps3 anyone have any input on this? I keep hearing about lag and IR.

If you gonna play alot like me then you should definitely get the VT25. Low input lag, better handling IR and reability. If I were you I will save a little more and invest my money on something good!

·
Registered
417 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truquitos /forum/post/19638667

Well the VT25 is worth Every penny. Is one of the top sets right now! Also the LG PK or PX is a major step down from the VT25, but if you like the LG go for it and pocked the rest!!

You have absolutely no logical basis for this ignorant comment. Do you own BOTH the Panny and the LG and watch them side by side that you can objectively criticize one over the other? All you are doing is spitting out what you've read on the internet and proceed to dismiss others as a "major step down." You have no credibility whatsoever.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truquitos /forum/post/19646642

If you gonna play alot like me then you should definitely get the VT25. Low input lag, better handling IR and reability. If I were you I will save a little more and invest my money on something good!

It also has confirmed rising black levels, which end up equaling the levels of the LG over time.

The VT25 is absolutely a top notch tv, but I went with the bigger LG60PX950 for over $1,000 less and have absolutely no regrets. I could not see any point in paying that much more for not much more of a difference.

·
Registered
362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSN /forum/post/0

You have absolutely no logical basis for this ignorant comment. Do you own BOTH the Panny and the LG and watch them side by side that you can objectively criticize one over the other? All you are doing is spitting out what you've read on the internet and proceed to dismiss others as a "major step down." You have no credibility whatsoever.

Ok, but do you know from where this information is coming? I guess not, anyway before you talk you should ask for evidence. Anyway I spoke with Chadb and he told me that. Also that is what he observe while working with both sets, also if you compare everything on these sets you will know the pros and cons. Panny vs LG! But that's your opinion.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidl81 /forum/post/19643853

I just bought a 60px950 for 1599 with 2 pairs of glasses and I am very happy with it. The 3d is much better than any LCD/LED tv, and I would say right up there with the Panny. But at the price that I paid there was no way to spend the extra for the Panny.

That's a great price and I am also looking at this tv. Where did you find this great deal? Thanks for info.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts