AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so the LG 60PS60 and Samsung PN58B550T2 are both in my price range. Which is the better TV? I can't seem to find a place that carries them both, so I can compare them side by side, and wanted to get some thoughts from all of you.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
While I know next to nothing about the LG, my bet would be on the Samsung. No one's ever said LG makes a better plasma than Samsung.

·
Banned
518 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Is that before or after the Panasonic black levels become brighter after the first year of use? Seriously, I am just as (or even more) interested in years 2 through 10+ as I am for the first year of use.

DelJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by brbrbr1 /forum/post/18228497

LG has much worser black levels than Panasonic/Samsung. Maybe 2010 models will change that a bit.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
That's why I got a Sammy so I don't have to worry about rising black level garbage.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brbrbr1 /forum/post/18228497

LG has much worser black levels than Panasonic/Samsung. Maybe 2010 models will change that a bit.

That's pretty much a load of BS. Three of my coworkers have samsungs(all plasmas) and their black levels are no better than my ps80. My television is also much brighter and my flesh tones are more accurate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts