AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a pixel problem with my LG Plasma TV - LG 60PN5300. It is still under warranty. When I tried to request a repair service online it would not let me and gave me the error "this product is a Swap Unit". I then called and successfully set up an appointment and asked what it meant when it said it was a swap unit. The person helping me did not know what it meant. Has anyone had experience with a "Swap Unit" from LG? Does this mean they just give you a refurbished product? Is there an option to get money back?

·
Registered
492 Posts
I am having a pixel problem with my LG Plasma TV - LG 60PN5300. It is still under warranty. When I tried to request a repair service online it would not let me and gave me the error "this product is a Swap Unit". I then called and successfully set up an appointment and asked what it meant when it said it was a swap unit. The person helping me did not know what it meant. Has anyone had experience with a "Swap Unit" from LG? Does this mean they just give you a refurbished product? Is there an option to get money back?
Yes, they will swap it for another unit, and not repair it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Shawn can you gives us an update on how LG handled this? I got the same error message on my TV when I tried to schedule the repair on my 55" LED TV.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Update on Swap unit

My TV came up as a swap unit on LG's website too. I had to call LG they did send a tech out quickly he said the screen was bad and contacted LG. He had an app to show LG the bad screen and LG gave him an RMA & Part # he said they usually over-nite the screens. After a few days I was told the screen was on back order for 3 weeks. I had 2 more calls with LG today they extended the back order 10 more days?? I stayed calm and said I want you to replace the TV the wait time is ridiculous and no one will promise the new ETA either. I was told they are opening up a defective returns claim and someone should be contacting me within 3 days to hear my options. I picked up the TV on a clearance and they did ask for a copy of my receipt hopefully the purchase price doesn't factor into the process. I will post an update once I find out my options.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts