AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just bought the 42" version of this TV last night. This is my first LCD and i am pretty impressed with the out-of-box display. I havent really been able to find any reviews or anything on this TV online so any comments or further information is more than welcomed if anyone in here has any experience with this TV. I was wondering if anyone had any good calibration settings for it as i really have no idea how to calibrate an LCD, i messed around a little with the controls but i feel like i can get a better picture. Mostly using it for xbox 360 and hd cable.

here is a link to more info about it: http://www.lge.com/us/tv-audio-video...-tv-42LF11.jsp

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am heading over to Best Buy today to check out and compare the LG 32LF11 and the LG32LH30. I am not really sure what the differences between the two are, so hopefully they will be a little more apparent when seen in person. I would definately be interested to hear from other owners of either set to try and gain some insight and impressions.

·
Banned
105 Posts
How much did you pay for that telly?

[URL='http:/135l883.jpg%5B/IMG']http://www.**********/135l883.jpg[/IMG[/URL] ]

[IMG] [URL='http:/135l1040.jpg%5B/IMG']http://www.**********/135l1040.jpg[/IMG[/URL] ]

[IMG] [URL='http:/135l1101.jpg%5B/IMG']http://www.**********/135l1101.jpg[/IMG[/URL] ]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phionoxx /forum/post/17047291

I am heading over to Best Buy today to check out and compare the LG 32LF11 and the LG32LH30. I am not really sure what the differences between the two are, so hopefully they will be a little more apparent when seen in person. I would definately be interested to hear from other owners of either set to try and gain some insight and impressions.

Nice, please let us know how it goes, the 42LH30 was the tv i was gonna get first because i found an amazing deal on it but the deal went away when i wanted to buy it and the LF11 was said to be very similar so i picked that up instead.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also have a quick question. I have a motorola HD comcast cable box connected through component cables. The cable box supports 720p and 1080i but not 1080p. The only difference i really notice is that 1080i looks a little fuzzier, any thoughts on what is better to put it on?

·
Registered
5,986 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by quaxon /forum/post/17049186

I also have a quick question. I have a motorola HD comcast cable box connected through component cables. The cable box supports 720p and 1080i but not 1080p. The only difference i really notice is that 1080i looks a little fuzzier, any thoughts on what is better to put it on?

- Your TV's native resolution is listed as 1920x1080. If your TV has a native resolution option, I would use that. Most likely, it doesn't so you will have to choose an output resolution. Since most stations are 1080i, I would leave it as that resolution. Only ABC, Fox and ESPN are 720p.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ended up going with the LG32LH30. So far I am very pleased with the purchase. I have not spent a ton of time with it yet. No dead pixels to speak of. No odd crackling or buzzing sounds that have seem to come up in some of the other threads related the the LH30 series.

Ran through a few scenes of The Dark Knight on Blu Ray, and have played some Dead Space and Kill Zone 2 on PS3 to get a feel for black levels and input latency. I personally do not notice the input lag if there is any, but then again the main drive behind my decision to get this set was it's above average performance with games.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm hoping to get the LF11 tomorrow @ the local BB. Iknow the differenc is the contrast ont he LF is 30000:1 and the LH is 70000:1, also I believe the LH is 120hz..

I'm on a budget so I'll have to get the LF

P

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought and picked up this TV from Sears today. It's my first LCD (I have 2 Panny Plasmas and an old Hitachi CRT-RPTV).

I turned it on and hooked up my Xbox360. I noticed in the middle an area about 8x6 inches that was sort of "faded" in comparison to the rest of the display. It looks like a backlighting problem. I'm not sure if this is normal and will go away with use or if I should take it back and exchange it. The TV looks good otherwise, not sure what to do...

·
Registered
11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseus18 /forum/post/17269341

For those who have this set, could you verify if the LF11 series has the picture wizard along with the extensive picture options (10point adjustments, etc.) found on the LH30?

I just purchased the 32LF11, and yes it has the wizard as well as the expert adjustments including 10-point ire, etc...

I haven't tweaked anything since we sold our projector; this should keep me busy for a while.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just picked up the 32LF11 at Costco. I get some ghosting when I hook up an XBOX360 using PC input. Normally, I have the xbox hooked up to a 46" Samsung 4665F and the picture is phenomenal (through the pc input as well). Anyone else experiencing ghosting? I haven't played with tweeking picture controls very much yet. I'm going to hook up to PC with DVI-HDMI tonight and see how things look (on the sammy, again just awesome).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought the 32LF11 at Costco about a week or so ago. I have it hooked up to my PS3 and PC with HDMI cables. I do not see ghosting/blur/input lag(GAME MODE on) when playing Streetfighter 4(PS3) or Left 4 Dead(PC)/Team Fortress 2(PC). For the money spent which was 507$ (CA tax+ewaste fee already included) I am satisfied with the picture quality when viewing Bluray movies, 720p/1080p gaming/video sources. I am somewhat dissatisfied with the picture quality of standard definition tv shows but it is probably because the source is crap to begin with. According to the 'service' menu my panel is made by LGD.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Picked this up after looking at the 32LH30 @ Video Only and Best Buy. Costco beat them by a few bucks, has the two year warranty, 90 day no hassle return policy etc...

The panel is an LG according to the service menu, and although I enabled streaming content off a USB drive, haven't tried it out just yet. Love the calibration features and the fact that you can apply the changes to specific inputs which is something even higher end models miss. It's being fed by cable using the QAM tuner built into the TV, which picked up as many channels as I would have expected using the Comcast signal. Additional devices include an Xbox 360 and PS3, both connected via HDMI. They look phenomenal with no noticeable input lag playing against my son in the next room. He was using the 50" Panasonic plasma and I am able to peak around the corner while playing and see both displays at the same time, we were very much in sync despite playing over Xbox Live :)

BD playback @24fps is pretty smooth but I did notice a little judder. Not sure if the PS3 is to blame or not, plan on hooking up a standalone BD player just to sanity check things before passing final judgement. The black levels are great, the blacks are near plasma inky without any crush involved, which surprised me. A similar exercise on a Toshiba 32AV502R didn't yield nearly as good of a result on the black calibration, significant crush without pushing up the backlight and contrast which made the blacks grays. The Tosh looked okay for the price but nowhere near as good as the LG, so the Toshiba is now mounted in the garage in the bay with all of our exercise gear.

Anyhow really happy with the LG from a feature, price and image quality perspective. Not real sure on the difference between it at the 32LH30 after spending time with the LH30 at Video Only. The menu options are the same, the picture quality is parity (side by side comparison would have been nice but I couldn't do that), and there are two people reporting the 32LF11 having an LG panel vs. the panel lottery people are reporting on the 32LH30.

If you have a Costco membership and can find the 32LF11, I'd highly recommend giving it a spin if you're in the market for a 32" 1080p LCD at a reasonable price.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts