AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 277 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know about any really good deals on this model. I absolutely love it and I would hate to scale down to the 55" but 4.5K-5K is just too expensive. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
You can get it for 4K or a bit less with the Apple Pay promo stacked with the frys promo.
I have an iPhone 6. How does apple pay work? Is it tied to a card?

I believe I can get the set from VO with an extra warranty and no interest for a year for around the CP price, but then I have to pay tax. The upside is a 30-day exchange window and a brick-and-mortor to deal with. I absolutely hate dealing with Fry's, they have been nothing but a pain in my rear end on pretty much every transaction I have done with them.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts

I believe I can get the set from VO with an extra warranty and no interest for a year for around the CP price, but then I have to pay tax. The upside is a 30-day exchange window and a brick-and-mortor to deal with. I absolutely hate dealing with Fry's, they have been nothing but a pain in my rear end on pretty much every transaction I have done with them.
Open a discover it card and add it to the wallet app. Then instead of swiping your card at the register you swipe your phone and it prompts you for your fingerprint and done.

You do need a place that has the nfc credit card scanner though.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Open a discover it card and add it to the wallet app. Then instead of swiping your card at the register you swipe your phone and it prompts you for your fingerprint and done.

You do need a place that has the nfc credit card scanner though.
Thanks. I'm going to look into that.

·
Registered
677 Posts

I bought my TV from frys I got the 55". I had no issues with frys and I brought it home today. It was nice and easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anybody know what mount is the best for the 55EG9600? I saw LG has brought one out. Just wanted to see if there are any other compatible mounts out there that sit flush against the wall.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Does anybody know what mount is the best for the 55EG9600? I saw LG has brought one out. Just wanted to see if there are any other compatible mounts out there that sit flush against the wall.

You can only use the LG mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Lg ef9500 65"

Just got my EF 9500 65" from Chris at Cleveland Plasma last week for $4,250 delivered. Very good price and prompt delivery with no Peoples Republic of California sales tax. Got a refurbed Onkyo 747 from accessoriesforless.com at a great price and a three year warranty. Both are now set up and working perfectly. After you see the LG OLED you will not be able to watch another TV without deep regrets that you did not spend the extra money for the best picture and features ever offered. It sets a new standard for the industry to compete with for the next few years. I cannot imagine how much better the picture will be when HDR becomes available next year and we have 4k bluray available.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well, I pulled the trigger on Friday for the 65EF9500 at Appliances Connection for $4000.

I'll let you guys know how it pans out.

Third major TV purchase ever (and two and a half times as expensive as the last one)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Update 1: it's listed as the 30th being the ship date.

I thought that it was in stock when I ordered, but now it's listed as "available"

I'm not completely sure, though.

·
Registered
86 Posts

I thought that it was in stock when I ordered, but now it's listed as "available"

I saw their price pop up on Google Shopping, but the reviews of that store are pretty poor when it comes to actually getting what you ordered. They are listed as an Authorized LG dealer, so that's good if they actually come through. I certainly wouldn't go through an unauthorized dealer given the price and the warranty exchanges many have gone through. I don't think they're a bait and switch dealer, but if they call you and try to tell you that you ordered a European model or some other nonsense and ask for more money, I'd report them to LG. Cleveland Plasma has a price just a little higher, and they're reputable as far as what I've read here on AVS(in case Appliances Connection doesn't come through for you).

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I ordered the LG from Appliance Connection a couple of days ago and canceled the order due to the numerous horrific Yelp reviews and Better Business report, not to mention the likelihood of having to send it back for a better panel which, I imagine, would be a hassle despite their generous return policy on their website. Fortunately, Cecilia at Appliance Connection was professional and courteous in accepting my cancellation request and said she would process it within the next 24 hours.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I ordered the LG from Appliance Connection a couple of days ago and canceled the order due to the numerous horrific Yelp reviews and Better Business report, not to mention the likelihood of having to send it back for a better panel which, I imagine, would be a hassle despite their generous return policy on their website. Fortunately, Cecilia at Appliance Connection was professional and courteous in accepting my cancellation request and said she would process it within the next 24 hours.
Appliance Connection and Appliances Connection are two different companies. I'm guessing you ordered from Appliances Connection.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Man. You guys are making me scared :eek:

I'm only really doing this right now because of the financing offer, so if it falls apart, I probably won't go with Cleveland Plasma and instead wait until after the new year when new models are announced and (hopefully) the price at larger outlets goes down.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I ordered a LG Washer / Dryer from Appliances Connection over a year ago. The term "available" just means that it is in route to them. It took me three weeks for my order to get to them and another week for it to be delivered to me. I do remember however that there was a problem with ships getting to port when I ordered. It did get delivered and Product was in perfect shape and exactly what I ordered. They have great prices and if you are not in a hurry it is a way to save money.

I just saw that they have the LG 65ef9500 for $3999.00 and was thinking about getting it. However I am trying to find out why some places are selling 2015 models and others and selling 2016 models. The Flat screen just came out in Sept 2015 so why after two months would everyone be differentiating between 2015 and 2016 models. If anyone can shed some light that would be awesome.

All and all I had a decent experience with Appliances Connection and most likely will order the TV from them. Just as a note, they sent me a $25 Visa gift card for my Washer/Dryer order taking so long.

Thomas

1 - 20 of 277 Posts