AVS Forum banner

261 - 277 of 277 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Got mine for $3,475 store display model at best buy + a $300 gift card. So essentially $3,175. This is extremely YMMV but I'm sure many best buy stores might have display models left as they phase those out. So check around locally.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Amazon: 65EF9500 is $2,999 delivered and the 65EG9600 is $2,799 delivered.

These 2015 set prices are dropping pretty fast so it makes me think we may see lower street prices on the 2016's a lot sooner than we thought. However, if you're looking for the best deal that would be a 2015...

·
Registered
755 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
The description is a bit sketchy on that one:

"LG 65EF9500 - 65-Inch 2160p 4K UHD Smart 3D Curved OLED TV Essentials Bundle includes 65-Inch Ultra HD 3D Curved TV, Cleaning Kit, Microfiber Cloth, 2 HDMI Cables and Surge Protector with USB Ports"

The EF is not supposed to be curved.

·
Registered
878 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Good luck with any warranty claims, seller is not an authorized dealer.
It really doesn't make any difference as you will still get the full warranty as long as the set is purchased new. "Authorized" dealers tend to be large retailers but many sets are sold by smaller retailers as well and most of those don't make their list, most of which are known to be very reputable. There are various reasons why but mainly it comes down to how far do you go for the customer, particularly as it relates to returns. This question comes up a lot. Here's a link to LG's "official" list:

http://www.lg.com/us/authorizeddealers/lg_online_authorized_retailers

If you notice, they list three (3) "non-authorized" dealers, all three of whom are known to be bait and switch operations. Even if you end of purchasing from them, the warranty would still be in effect. However, because they are so scummy LG actually goes out of their way to advertise staying away from them. Avoid them like the plague, they're bottom feeders.

If you are ever concerned about a warranty, shoot LG or the retailer a quick email. If it's not in your comfort zone, stay away, but most of the time you'll be pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
40 Posts
~$2,950 for 65EF9500
Adorama via eBay... I would post the link, but I don't have enough posts to do that.
Okay, now I just re-checked and it is $2,900. Free Shipping also.

Sorry if this price fluctuates too much and folks miss a deal. I'll try to update as I'm able. I also don't have enough posts to edit apparently...

·
Registered
40 Posts
I didn't trust those, honestly, but if someone is willing to go for it, they are a good deal.

I think I can post the link to the Adorama now: http://www.ebay.com/itm/391422364634?

Random thing I discovered and I'm likely late to this... but if you switch to the shipping and payments tab on the listing, you can see the price they're asking without hitting the buy it now. Shows at the bottom what they are asking.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I've ordered a lot of new electronic items off of eBay over the years and have never had a problem. Always been able to register equipment and have full warranty. When you go through eBay you have the seller to cover the item, eBay and your credit card (and paypal if you go through them as well). It's like any other website selling equipment, it's not for folks that want to "try it out" and then return its after a couple of weeks because they don't like it. If you know what you want, it's a great way to save significant money. Of course, if it makes you uncomfortable, then don't chance it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've ordered a lot of new electronic items off of eBay over the years and have never had a problem. Always been able to register equipment and have full warranty. When you go through eBay you have the seller to cover the item, eBay and your credit card (and paypal if you go through them as well). It's like any other website selling equipment, it's not for folks that want to "try it out" and then return its after a couple of weeks because they don't like it. If you know what you want, it's a great way to save significant money. Of course, if it makes you uncomfortable, then don't chance it.
I try never to argue with someone who's espousing good sense. :)

261 - 277 of 277 Posts