AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 277 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Man. You guys are making me scared :eek:

I'm only really doing this right now because of the financing offer, so if it falls apart, I probably won't go with Cleveland Plasma and instead wait until after the new year when new models are announced and (hopefully) the price at larger outlets goes down.
I to am waiting for the CES and a price drop hopefully. Im a buyer at 4500 or less probably. If no significant price drop I will go with the 55".

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Where are you guys seeing that appliances connection is a authorized dealer? I don't see them on the LG authorized dealer list.

·
Registered
13,714 Posts
I to am waiting for the CES and a price drop hopefully. Im a buyer at 4500 or less probably. If no significant price drop I will go with the 55".
You can find a price of $4250 from a reputed forum sponsor.

From brick-and-mortar, the Fry's 'we pay the tax' deal is essentially a before-tax price of $4525 and if you get Best Biy to match and pay using Discover/Apple Pay, you can get the effective price down under $4000...

I would not expect any significant change in pricing following CES. On the cusp of new 2016 product introduction (probably near mid-2016, probably, but tight after announcements at CES, probably not).

·
Registered
114 Posts
You can find a price of $4250 from a reputed forum sponsor.

From brick-and-mortar, the Fry's 'we pay the tax' deal is essentially a before-tax price of $4525 and if you get Best Biy to match and pay using Discover/Apple Pay, you can get the effective price down under $4000...

I would not expect any significant change in pricing following CES. On the cusp of new 2016 product introduction (probably near mid-2016, probably, but tight after announcements at CES, probably not).
I have a BB within 5 miles and a Fry's about an hour or so away. I would be interested in that. I need to find the info on the discover/apple thing. My new I6 has the app but I have not used it. YET. If you have a link for the Discover/Apple thing please share. For that price I would probably pull the trigger. I just don't want to buy online and have it shipped from someone that may turn into a pain if there is an issue.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I can not find the deal on Frys. I have an account there and they show none of them in stock and not available for shipping. Plus BB does not show as a ipay participant. I don't know if they are upgraded for the new chip cards. Funny how I actually closed my Discover card out a just a week ago in an effort to get rid of temptation and it comes back to bite me in the ass. Just my typical luck. If I could connect the dots on all this I would reapply for one and avoid the BB interest rate on this one.

Edit after the thought. I have all but stopped using plastic in the last few months and am pretty much a cash guy now. I also consolidated my CC debt of more than it should have been with a SoFi loan. Its closed ended and I closed all of the CC except for one drop dead emergency card with a zero balance that my wife holds on to too keep me honest. I have been good with it and am paying a lot less now at a lower rate. This will be my Christmas treat and Im going to add a SoFi for 5K to do this. The added $99 a month for this is still way less than I was paying for CC payments and there is a closed end to it.
Im loathe to use plastic anymore unless its an emergency as in someone died or the house burned down scenario.
Not a shill for SoFi but at 7% its way cheaper than any standard card but my BOA card I kept with a 5% and its a zero balance and I plan on keeping it like that.
I don't want to drop 5K in cash and this is a easier way than a BB card or Discover etc.
Sorry for going a bit off topic.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I was offered the ef9500 65" from Best Buy for $4,999 and "they would take care of the tax". So $4,999 out the door. Is this a good offer or has Best Buy offered this tv for less?

·
Registered
13,714 Posts
I can not find the deal on Frys. I have an account there and they show none of them in stock and not available for shipping. Plus BB does not show as a ipay participant. I don't know if they are upgraded for the new chip cards. Funny how I actually closed my Discover card out a just a week ago in an effort to get rid of temptation and it comes back to bite me in the ass. Just my typical luck. If I could connect the dots on all this I would reapply for one and avoid the BB interest rate on this one.

Edit after the thought. I have all but stopped using plastic in the last few months and am pretty much a cash guy now. I also consolidated my CC debt of more than it should have been with a SoFi loan. Its closed ended and I closed all of the CC except for one drop dead emergency card with a zero balance that my wife holds on to too keep me honest. I have been good with it and am paying a lot less now at a lower rate. This will be my Christmas treat and Im going to add a SoFi for 5K to do this. The added $99 a month for this is still way less than I was paying for CC payments and there is a closed end to it.
Im loathe to use plastic anymore unless its an emergency as in someone died or the house burned down scenario.
Not a shill for SoFi but at 7% its way cheaper than any standard card but my BOA card I kept with a 5% and its a zero balance and I plan on keeping it like that.
I don't want to drop 5K in cash and this is a easier way than a BB card or Discover etc.
Sorry for going a bit off topic.
On Best Buy and Apple Pay: http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2015/10/08/apple-pay-expands-bestbuy-kfc-starbucks-chilis/73617438/

Of course, the easiest thing to do is is just pay with your phone when they ask you to swipe your card - many stores are not even aware that ApplevPay has been activated.

Here is the Fry's deal: http://www.frys.com/ads/page41

If you are unable to qualify as a new Discover Card customer, that is your problem, but for those who are and have an iPhone 5 or 6 with Apple Pay, Best Buy will match Fry's so that the total price including tax for the 65EF9500 is $5000. Pay with Discover/Apple Pay and Discover will give you 11% cash back immediately and an additional 11% cash back in one year. And in the meantime the card is 0% interest for the first year and you can use the cash back as credit towards payment.

The long and short of this is that the all-in cost out of the door for a 65EF9500 is $3900 and you have a full year to pay. And in addition, if you need to go through the exchange panel lottery or run into any issues during your return period, you have the protection of Best Buy and a nearby Brick&Morter retailer rather than being hung out to dry by an online retailer and needing to work directly with LG on a repair/exchange.

For anyone that has the option, it is pretty much of a no-brainier, especially for bleeding-edge / still-getting-ready-for-primetime technology like these LG WOLEDs (I am on my third 65EF9500 and getting a fourth next week).

·
Registered
61 Posts
So, the ship date from Appliances Connection slipped even further to the 15th. Being fed up with waiting, I cancelled the order.

I think that I'll just get a budget TV for now (just ordered a 65HU8550) and get one of the OLEDs in a year or so after prices drop.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Where are you guys seeing that appliances connection is a authorized dealer? I don't see them on the LG authorized dealer list.
It was here, I think:

http://www.lg.com/us/authorizeddealers/lg_online_authorized_retailers

I know I saw their name on LG's site, but it seems to be gone now. It doesn't show up in Google cache, or in the internet archive. I suspect they are no longer authorized... maybe for MAP violations or poor service. I wouldn't bother with them, but if you're considering it, you may want to give LG a call or email them to find out for sure.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'd say just don't bother. If they list something as "available" and won't ship for (at least) nearly a month after the order date, then at best, they're deceptive about their stock status, and who knows what additional problems I'd run into if I kept the order.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Fry's offered to sell it to me at $3999 as long as I bought a 2 year extended warranty/protection from them for ~$400. To make the deal sweeter, Fry's would pay for the sales tax too, so $4500 out of the door. Expected delivery date is month away though. I didn't buy it yet, but though I would post it here if any of you wanted to buy it...

Does anybody know how good Fry's is with exchanges and has anybody had experience with their extended warranty/protection package?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Fry's offered to sell it to me at $3999 as long as I bought a 2 year extended warranty/protection from them for ~$400. To make the deal sweeter, Fry's would pay for the sales tax too, so $4500 out of the door. Expected delivery date is month away though. I didn't buy it yet, but though I would post it here if any of you wanted to buy it...

Does anybody know how good Fry's is with exchanges and has anybody had experience with their extended warranty/protection package?
Which frys? What's the sales associates name? That's a great deal!

·
Registered
214 Posts
This was the Fry's in Palo Alto, CA. I didn't even have to negotiate - I just asked for the best price and they printed out an invoice with this price. To me, it appears that you can get this at any of the Fry's locations. The Sales person's name is on the invoice (will look it up if you really need it).

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
This was the Fry's in Palo Alto, CA. I didn't even have to negotiate - I just asked for the best price and they printed out an invoice with this price. To me, it appears that you can get this at any of the Fry's locations. The Sales person's name is on the invoice (will look it up if you really need it).
You are the man!!! Can you take a photo of the invoice. My Best Buy will price match it. I have to buy from Best Buy because of a store credit I have from my old tv. Dude , thanks so much!! I was stressing about having to pay $1000 more than what my store credit was for!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
So, the ship date from Appliances Connection slipped even further to the 15th. Being fed up with waiting, I cancelled the order.

I think that I'll just get a budget TV for now (just ordered a 65HU8550) and get one of the OLEDs in a year or so after prices drop.
Cleveland Plasma, which seems to have a good rep in these forums, offered me the 55EF9500 for $2450 delivered to PA. I couldn't find any brick and mortar retailers willing to come close. In the end, I just ordered the 55EG9100 for $1700 delivered. It's OLED, but 1080P not 4k. I wasn't convinced the 4K was worth the $750 price premium. The 65" is gorgeous, but I'm not willing to make that investment in a TV at this time. Good Luck.:)

·
Registered
54 Posts
You are the man!!! Can you take a photo of the invoice. My Best Buy will price match it. I have to buy from Best Buy because of a store credit I have from my old tv. Dude , thanks so much!! I was stressing about having to pay $1000 more than what my store credit was for!!
I would love to be able to price match a deal at Best Buy as well. I am planning on using Apple Pay with Discover and want to save as much $ as possible. I had planned on a price match with an HHGregg coupon, but they no longer work on the LG Oleds.

·
Registered
122 Posts

I don't think this offer is available anymore. Stopped by the Fremont Fry's yesterday (12/6). Called the Palo Alto Fry's today (12/7).

If anybody finds otherwise, would appreciate sharing details. (location/sales person)

·
Registered
214 Posts
If anybody wants a copy of my invoice, please PM me with you email address. I can't send PM's yet because I don't have 15 posts on this forum yet. To clarify, I didn't make the purchase yet - all that I did was to get a quote.

21 - 40 of 277 Posts