AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 277 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Jaguar - sent you a PM can you please forward me a copy. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have sent copies of the invoice to all those folks that have PM'd me their email address. I don't have the necessary number of posts required to send/respond to PM's, so I can't respond to your PM.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have sent copies of the invoice to all those folks that have PM'd me their email address. I don't have the necessary number of posts required to send/respond to PM's, so I can't respond to your PM.
Will Best Buy price match on a copy of an invoice? If anyone has success let us know. I don't have enough posts to PM you, but I am close now.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Will Best Buy price match on a copy of an invoice? If anyone has success let us know. I don't have enough posts to PM you, but I am close now.
The BB website FAQ section states they will only match certain online dealers. Fry's isn't on that list. Im not saying they wont based on local stores. If they will Im done and in for one. Please send me a copy of the invoice if this works at ANY best buy.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I remember fry's being upon their approved list of stores that they price match to... but they might say that the fry's is not located anywhere near the east coast. This could be a hit - miss for east coast buyers. I will try today.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I remember fry's being upon their approved list of stores that they price match to... but they might say that the fry's is not located anywhere near the east coast. This could be a hit - miss for east coast buyers. I will try today.
Let us know if you have success. I'm in Salt Lake City, Utah and I'll give it a try here. The closest store to me is Las Vegas so I can hopefully make this work.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I was successful on the price match. This is how I did it. I had my local frys price match the quote from Palo Alto Ca. Frys. Then I took the quote into Magnolia and they price matched it. I also negotiated into the deal free delivery and a tv mount. If you pay with Apple Pay/discovery you can get this tv for even cheaper. I'm going to purchase a 4 year warranty, I think it's smart to do so. So I will be out the door at $4,400. I wish I could use the Apple Pay/discovery deal but Unfortwbatly can't because I have a magnolia in store credit
. I'm sure some of you will take advantage of this and will get a smoking deal.

Reactions: MtBikeUt

·
Registered
122 Posts
I was successful on the price match. This is how I did it. I had my local frys price match the quote from Palo Alto Ca. Frys. Then I took the quote into Magnolia and they price matched it. I also negotiated into the deal free delivery and a tv mount. If you pay with Apple Pay/discovery you can get this tv for even cheaper. I'm going to purchase a 4 year warranty, I think it's smart to do so. So I will be out the door at $4,400. I wish I could use the Apple Pay/discovery deal but Unfortwbatly can't because I have a magnolia in store credit
. I'm sure some of you will take advantage of this and will get a smoking deal.
Congrats. Would you mind sharing what location Frys and Magnolia?

Is this how it worked out?
$4000 for the TV + Stand?
$400 for the 4 year Magnolia Warranty?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thanks Jaguar. I will post my results as well. Just hoping Fry's will change name on invoice without any issues.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Jag please send email, I PMed you, hopping to get that FRYS price match

And FRY's is still running no tax(in CA at least) until the 12th. $4400 OTD would be sweet considering they are selling for more "open box" on ebay

:)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Just a FYI Besbuy re stated they bought all the LG OLED inventory for the 65EF9500. Seems like that might be the case as the website does not show the TV anymore.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just a FYI Besbuy re stated they bought all the LG OLED inventory for the 65EF9500. Seems like that might be the case as the website does not show the TV anymore.

What are you talking about? The 65EF9500 is sold by many authorized sellers. I don't think BB bought all of them?? LG website still shows the 65EF9500 and lists stores where you can buy it. What am I missing?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I always take what salespeople say with a grain of salt. A Magnolia sales person did tell me the exact same thing right before Thanksgiving.

Just speculating, maybe BB put in a big PO and pre-purchased a large allocation of future inventory.

What are you talking about? The 65EF9500 is sold by many authorized sellers. I don't think BB bought all of them?? LG website still shows the 65EF9500 and lists stores where you can buy it. What am I missing?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Maybe it was from the area. I know what you mean though they also never had an issue with one coming back either.

41 - 60 of 277 Posts