AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
We're not even receiving Liar Liar here in Tampa - instead, it's Only the Lonely (in standard definition, too).

I was looking forward to seeing Liar Liar in high definition & would have even watched it in standard definition, but Only THe Lonely? No thanks.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Hi Karnis! I thought you said you were never coming back... ;)

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but none of ABC's Sunday night lineup is in HDTV, according to their website . Usually the prime-time schedule on their homepage shows "(HDTV)" next to each program being shown in high-def, but I just checked and right now neither Liar Liar, Alias nor The Practice have this designation.

If Liar Liar is just an abberation and Alias and The Practice wind up being telecast in HDTV, I am suspicious enough to wonder if maybe the non-HD ABC affiliates (like good ol' WJLA here in Washington) complained to the network that "Hey, you're making us look bad! Don't trumpet the fact that these shows are in HDTV!" :mad:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hdtvmaniac
I don't know if this matters, but I think Liar Liar's OAR is 1.33:1.
Huh? What are you smoking? Unless of course that was a joke.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Well, on the press release when they announced the Fall lineup in HD, they said that ALL their theatrical movies would also be in HD.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Regardless of your quandary, Liar Liar was never scheduled to be in HD, and I doubt that you have a written contract with the networks that guarantees you HD. Why don't you go out for a walk, read a book, or kick your dog instead?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by high deaf
Regardless of your quandary, Liar Liar was never scheduled to be in HD, and I doubt that you have a written contract with the networks that guarantees you HD. Why don't you go out for a walk, read a book, or kick your dog instead?
rolfmao... i love outspoken new guys.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by high deaf
Who are you? An undercover ABC shill? Are you here to speak for them? If they say on a press release that they will show all their movies in HD, then that's exactly what will be demanded of them! Is there a "schedule" that you have access to that the rest of us don't?

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hdtvmaniac
I don't know if this matters, but I think Liar Liar's OAR is 1.33:1.
According to the IMDB, Liar Liar was theatrically released in a 1.85 ratio. The first DVD released was 1.33. According to DVD Planet and DVD Empire, there has been a subsequent DVD release with a 1.85 ratio. BTW, it only took about 2 minutes to gather this data.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I would have to agree that the prez announced all theatrical prime time movies on ABC would be in High Def!! Last time I looked "all" means everything!!

For those of you with an East Coast point of view was(is) Liar Liar in High def tonight??

·
Registered
302 Posts
I know that there was a DVD version that was 1.33:1. I read somewhere that it was because the actual OAR of Liar Liar WAS 1.33:1 and they just masked it to present it in 1.85:1 in theaters. I hadn't heard of a Liar Liar DVD being released in 1.85:1. Anyway, sorry about the misinformation.

·
Registered
409 Posts
This is just a little OT..

In Tampa, as you read, Liar Liar was not even broadcasted. WFTS, our local ABC station, sent me a reply when I asked them why it wasn't. They even had the advertisments all week about Liar Liar.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: "'Bryan '"

Subject: RE: Liar Liar?

Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 07:57:48 -0400

we exercised an option to air a movie in our library...liar liar had

been

shown numerous times...thanks for the feedback

Sam Stallworth Jr.

Vice-President/General Manager

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excercised an option.? This is one station I will boycott if and when ABC-HD goes out DIRECTV or DISH.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I agree... ABC said ALL theatrical events. I turned on liar liar and ended up watching Entrapment on HBO-HD. I would have ended up watching Liar Liar if it were in HD.

Calm down High Deaf!:mad:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.