AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a moment too soon!

DL-HDE100 Overview

The DigitaLinx DL-HDE100 extender set transmits HDMI (1080p, 4Kx2K (UHD) & 3D) including HDCP 2.2, Ethernet, bidirectional IR, and RS232 up to 100 meters away using a single twisted pair cable.

Built-in surge protection and diagnostic LEDs ensure hassle-free and robust installations. Flexible power design allows the units to be powered at either the TX or RX end, and only one power supply is required. The 12 volt power supply is secured with a screw-on connector to prevent the power from being accidentally disconnected.

The DL-HDE100 is sold only as a set. All accessories are included including two IR emitters, two IR receivers, and two pairs of mounting brackets with screws. The individual transmitter and receiver are not compatible with other HDBaseT devices due to proprietary PoE circuitry.

Features and Benefits

HDMI transmission up to 330 feet (100m)
1080p, 4Kx2K (UHD) & 3D compatible
CEC supported
Built-in surge protection
Diagnostic LEDs
HDCP 2.2 compliant
Bidirectional Wideband IR and RS232 pass-through
100-BaseT Ethernet pass-through
Flexible power design (use power supply at TX or RX)
Locking Power Connector
Applications

Uses any Cat6 or greater twisted pair cabling
Extension of HDMI and control signals
Limited access to power for extenders on both ends
Ideal for Digital Signage, Home Theater, Commercial Video

Attachments

·
Registered
905 Posts
Have you seen any devices that reliably do HDMI over fiber? I don't need it for a long run, but instead for breaking a hardwired physical connection.

·
Registered
905 Posts
CELERITY they have a good margin so look for discounts.
Very helpful. Thanks.

I have four separate rs232 control feeds from my Crestron network (one to ADA Reference, one to Lumagen, one to MSB dac, and one to BluRay transport) ... is there a device that would handle all four of those over a single fiber connection (or, if not, via four separate cost-effective devices/connections)? My fall back for those control signals would be to add a small Crestron controller to the Theater and connect it to the main system via Fiber.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Have you seen any devices that reliably do HDMI over fiber? I don't need it for a long run, but instead for breaking a hardwired physical connection.
I tried two different Celerity fiber cables in my system and both stopped working after two weeks. This was about two years ago, so the newer cables might be ok.

I switched to Rainbow Fish fiber, a 50' run and several 10' runs, and they have been running perfectly for these two years. They were the only company I found that made fiber cables as short as 10'.

You will need a USB power source. You can use any USB plug on a component or buy a stand alone USB source. The instructions are on the Rainbow Fish site.

·
Registered
905 Posts
GGA - Thanks! Great lead.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts