AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, before the Bose hate starts raining in I'm looking for some honest advice or alternatives. I've searched these forums and have looked for other options but I can't seem to find a decent alternative. I'm not opposed to piecing together a sound bar unit but I don't know where to start. I need a receiver, 4 HDMI Inputs, 3D Support and subwoofer. I understand the Bose unit is expensive, but it meets all my criteria in a one-stop solution. I've looked at the Bowers and Wilkins Panorama, the Harmon Kardon HB 30 and a few of the Yamaha units but they lack the connectivity I desire. I can buy a HDMI Switch for my TV to hook 4 devices up by then I'm still short on Optical or Coax audio hookups on the sound bar units. Thanks in advance for the help....

·
Registered
986 Posts
I keep saying this, if you find a better performing sound bar than the Bose LS 135 then buy it but you won't. Bose set one hell of a benchmark with their two soundbars.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm a Bose Lifestyle 135 owner and am very satisfied with it. I know the price is crazy, but as you point out, it's a one-stop solution. In my case as all inputs are in use I actually had to use a 3D-ready auto-switching 3-way HDMI connector to connect 2 Blu-ray players to one input (space for one more there if needed) and an audio input selector box to connect my turntable (via pre-amp) and my tape deck to one other input. With the provided iPod/Pad (with adapter)/Phone connector also linked up plus a tentative future Boselink connection to give audio out to my computer, it's a fully-loaded setup and have often wondered how my local power station copes, just kidding.

Very few, if any, soundbars offer all the connectivity that this unit offers.

Note that a firmware update to the unit is required to give it 3D video capability, at least when I got mine I had to do that. It's an easy operation.

The sound is spectacular and you can tailor it to your surroundings using the provided AdaptiQ headphones if you wish.

There's a lot packed into a very compact unit and it doesn't generate a lot of heat I've noticed, which is a good thing.

My only beef with it would be no regular audio-out sockets (other than speakers of course), you have to use Boselink as stated earlier, which means optional extras, but there is a headphone jack on the front of the unit.

By the way it also pulls in FM/AM very well using the provided antennae.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts