Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Soon I shall be mounting a Barco 400 on my theater ceiling. This PJ is much heavier than last one which was man handled to the ceiling...

I seem to remember people talking about jack lifts or assisted lifts that you can rent to do the job for you.

Could someone fill me in on the details of where I can rent such equipment.

Thanks!

- Rick

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yassou Krynos,

In NY we have a rental company called Abby Rental. Just check the yellow pages in your area I'm sure there are companies that rent tools.

good Luck

JohnBoy

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
You want a Genie brand "hand crank material lift" This is a portable version of a huskier lift that weighs in at about 115lbs. It is on wheels like a fridge cart( and weighs about the same as a big fridge cart) It can be manouvered when the pj is raised, but its best to have it in about the right place to start. I found that using a couple of couch cushions gave me some padding AND some flexibility in moving the pj around when raised. The forks of these lifts can be flipped upside down to allow for more lift height. Here's a link to see what one looks like: http://www.genielift.com/ml-series/ml-1-3.html

I got the lift in the van, out of the van, in the house, and down to the basement, all by myself, mounted the pj, and got the lift back, all within 40 minutes, with about 35 minutes of travel time(it didn't cost me anything this way!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.