AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My BD800 is displaying a light blue(ish) line on top of the video on the left side of the screen. It is only noticeable during the lighter scenes of a movie. Any thoughts on what is causing and how do I adjust to remove?

Thanks,

Kevin

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Leave it to me to have the only problem that no one on this forum has seen before or has an opinion on. :( ;)

Any suggestions on who I could contact that might know anything about this?

Tks

Kevin

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Could be wear / burn-in. I'm no expert though. Can you provide a more detailed description?

Gertjan

·
Registered
412 Posts
Kevin,

on my BG801s I noticed a very similar problem and only on certain scenes too. There was a blue horizontal line in the top corners of the screen. It only ran about 1/3 of the length of the screen on each side, but it was very annoying to me.

I wonder if your convergence is a little off?

My blue band/line was caused by the convergence being just a little bit off in the corners of the picture. Once I had the blue properly converged on the green, I noticed that the red was just a bit off too. The resulting tweaking left the image even better than before.

Just my 2 cents

Good Luck

Robert VanDerVeer

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To try to further describe. It is most visible in med-bright scenes that have lighter colors in it. The band shows up on the left side. It almost looks like someone is shining a light on the screen, but only in a 3-4" narrow band. It looks like it is on top of the picture? It is not visible in dark scenes, and is slightly visible in bright scenes - actually the furthest right side of the band is all that is visible in these scenes. It is not that noticeable most of time unless you know it is there. I've never had anyone ask about it.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
532 Posts
I think it may be tube wear as well. Turn the contrast down and look directly into the tubes and see if it the problem is on all tubes. The projector may have to placed back further, reconverged and left blanking applied to eliminate it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is it possible that I don't have the raster centered properly? The unit only has 1100 hours and I don't see any tube wear. Am I using too much of the raster? I mounted the projector based on the calculations provided by Barco.

Thanks,

Kevin

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, last night I re-did the horizontal and vertical sizes and the blanking on all 4 sides. And, now I no longer see it. Must have been associated with one of these. Thanks for everyone's ideas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.