AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When viewing an image on the ht300+, I'm seeing about a 1/2" black border between the movie image and the 16:9 light image that goes all the way around. It's like the image is not using the entire panel of the PJ. It's there when selecting A.R. settings of anamorphic and letterbox. Haven't examined the other inputs. The PJ now has about 100 hrs on it now. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Hi C Clark,

Before we go 'complicated' on this one I'm going to suggest a simple issue to begin with. You may not yet have correctly sized the image to your screen. If you use the zoom function, you may able to fill the screen correctly. Hope this helps,

Best Wishes,

Paul H

·
Registered
JVC NX7 Projector, Draper 132" (2.35:1) Techvision XT 1300x, Panasonic DP-UB420, Zidoo Z9x, Zappit
1,616 Posts
Hello Again,. C.Clark,

Are you using a screen with black masking? If I recall, initiailly you were going to use a temporary DIY screen. If you are using a screen without masking, perhaps what you are seeing is normal, but is not noticeable on screens with black masking.

....just a thought.

John G

·
Registered
418 Posts
I think all the HD1 and HD2 chips have a 1/2 inch border of light around the image. That is why a black bordered screen (like a Stewart velux) is crucial I think for these projectors. You zoom the projected image right to the border of the screen, then the border of light is absorbed by the felt bordering the screen.

Corey J.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. My screen is a DIY 108x51. This is allowing me to check out the final screen size I want. I'm headed toward either a 102x49 (2.08:1) or a 102x43.5 (2.35:1). Eventually I'll mask, but not yet. What I'm seeing is not screen related.

mooneycj may have hit on what I'm seeing and I hadn't realized it was there all along. I didn't realize this "feature" existed. Maybe because I don't have masking I can see it.

·
Registered
JVC NX7 Projector, Draper 132" (2.35:1) Techvision XT 1300x, Panasonic DP-UB420, Zidoo Z9x, Zappit
1,616 Posts
Quote:
Maybe because I don't have masking I can see it[
Exactly. That's the reason for the masking.

John G

·
Registered
13,049 Posts
Anyone know how common this light border is? For example, should I expect to see the same thing on the InFocus 7200 or Marantz S2?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.