AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rather than post another review on the sanyo, let me just say that this projector is absolutely incredible. I can't believe how beautiful the picture is. It brings a tear to my eye (oh wait, maybe thats the blinding brightness of the projector + hi-power white screen!:cool: ) I've actually had to keep the kitchen light on.

I really can't ceiling mount the projector, I have it on a table in front of the couch and my problem is the bright light that shines out the back through the fan. Why are there no shudders to keep me from being so distracted by this? Is there anything I can do? (repositioning is really not an option and I would like to avoid leaving it on the floor where it can be stepped on)

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I'm waiting for Jimmy to get here to solve your dilemma.

The types of banter this projector garners is beyond me.I can't imagine someone not knowing where to best put their projector ---or unable to experiment--- Does your mother still dress you?? Does Stevie Wonder drive you to work??SSS'up with that? I can tell you this; If I had your exact room I'd have figured that out before the projector came.AND, as a worst case/by the end of the second day.

The one area I disagree w/ Jimmy is the screen. I already had the HI Power on hand and thus lived with it for a couple of weeks.--Until my Da Mat HC came--- Black level went up X's 100;tamed the over bright immage.As I see it;the overly bright,is a nice problem to have/but address it. Geo.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I don't know, Myshkin hasn't had his pj for more than a week now, at most.

You had another projector before. How did you have that one mounted? Was it on the table too?

Yep, I've been behind that projector when it was on our temporary table, and that bright light is terribly annoying. Maybe you can make a stand-alone screen that would be between you and the pj's light, that you can move out of the way or collapse when done. I'd say a tent, but that would cut air flow, and really, it's just that the bulb's light is RIGHT THERE. I'm thinking of dowels, black fabric, tripod, fold up... Kind of like those dowel clothes drying racks, but not as elaborate, or as tall.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
avguygeorge did someone step on your toe ?

You'd better come back and tell Myshkin your really Don Rickles, just not as good looking.

Myshkin, although my pj is mounted on the ceiling I kind of liked the pj on the table with the HiPower.:) The light and heat bugged me too. I've been thinking about altering a coffee table or making a new one to enclose the HD20. Maybe a little deeper than normal table with good ventilation and light sealed in the back.

If your table placement is a must then you'll have to come up with an idea to do it .

If you do I'll be pleased to copy your design. :)

Squint away Georgie :)

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
All you guys actually are farther away from your screen than your PJ?

Mine is 5 feet behind me. I guess I really do like it right in my face.

You could make a down curved baffle and use the warm air to keep your feet cozy.

BB

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
No,

But it is possible. Our room is 23.5 ft long and the pj is mounted at 18 ft. There is a desk at 20 ft. One night, when the pj was still on the table, and was at oh, 16 ft., I was relegated to the back seat at the desk. When you want to impress friends, you don't put them back there. ;) I discovered then that you don't want to be behind this projector, so I know what Myshkin is talking about.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
avgyuy- what's wrong with my mother dressing me?;)

My projector is at about 15ft and this has nothing to do with figuring out where to put my projector before purchasing it. I put it in the same spot as my 7 yr old sharp lcd. I just didn't expect a light to be shining out the back because my sharp had shutters facing downward to eliminate such a problem.

You have to understand not everyone has a room in the house they can designate their "theatre room." I am using the living room in an apartment on the beach which is on top of a 1 ft platform and has only an 8 ft ceiling. I would rather not have this projector be the focal pt of the living rm ceiling, especially after spending a couple grand on a chandelier. Besides I would have the same prob if it was ceiling mounted because the mirror would show the the light shining out the back.

So, all I'm asking is if anybody else finds the light a problem and if anybody else has a solution.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
An open tent made of black velvet that is on a coat hanger frame that just blocks where you need it to block. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.