AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently move into my current home in central NY. I need a temporary screen until I can begin fixing the basement. The basement has white walls and ceiling and light colored carpet. Going to take some time and $$ until I am ready to build a more permanent screen. I won't even know where I will put the permanent screen or its size until the basement is redone. So as a stopgap measure I was looking for low effort screen materials that I can just hang for now. I can't paint for a couple of months (weather and other projects) so I was looking at something like the WA DW, Sintra, Gatorboard and UltraBoard. I have an Optoma HD65 and will be using it in the white basement at night. I had been using a 67" thrifty board painted with Behr silverscreen gray and have been relatively happy with it. Need to go bigger and noticed Sintra comes in light gray. Has anyone tried this in gray? Any other gray material availiable?

·
Registered
589 Posts
I have a similar "screen" with Behr SS and thrifty white board from Home Depot projecting from a Mitsu HC6800 Had to paint the board due to the very shiny surface that produced a lot of hot spoting. What is the Sintra and where it can be bought????

1 - 2 of 2 Posts