AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at where my projector might sit, and it seems like I will have ceiling lights that sit right in line with the path of the projected image. While I will have a light controlled room, would ambient light emitted from that light have any more effect on the image than ambient light from the sides of the room.

meaning if the image is shooting right through a light, would it get any more washed out that it would from lights to the side?

·
Registered
435 Posts
I had that concern so I had my ceiling light removed from the room. I just have 4 sconces with 100watt bulbs in them to light the room and its plenty bright...I do have them on dimmers as well. My concern was more of I didn't want the PJ's light hitting the ceiling light housing and then casting a shadow on the screen so I had the electrician remove it from the ceiling.

·
Premium Member
614 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC /forum/post/14226662

What is it you think the projected light beam would be hitting as it passes through the light emitted from a ceiling light?

relax, no problem.

Its that particle theory of light.... Enough lumes coming down from the can light and accross from the projector, there is that chance that enough particles will collide at a 90 degree angle forming an third beam at a 45 degree angle that will hit the floor towards the front of his room. Worst case there is enough friction in the process that the 3rd beam heats up enough to fry the carpet near the stage, best case the picture on the screen is washed out.

Just kidding you should be fine.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn /forum/post/14229469

Are we actually talking about the two beams of light interferring with each other ?

Art

Yes. Just like when I forget my sunscreen, I sometimes shine a flashlight over my head so the suns rays aren't as bright.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts