AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK all you super HT guys. I've got a good one for ya.

Black pearl mounted on ceiling throwing a 110" image on Carada Brilliant White. Throw is around 13 feet. Lens shift is approx. 75% down. Room 100% dark.

Question: I'm getting what appears as a much lighter (washed out) look on the upper left corner as well as a little brighter washing on the lower right corner. Seen at all angles and positions in the room with no change in appearance by moving around the room. Dark scenes are of course seen the most. It can also be seen from the blue screen or a blank scene. You could almost say that it looks as if a little green man inside the projector is shining a very dim light onto those portions of the screen. I'm not going to say its bad, but it certainly is driving me nuts and ruining my blacks in those corners.

I don't believe the screen is hot spotting as I have the ability to move the screen around, and this had no effect.

So, On your mark, Get set, GO!!!!

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
A number of the Sony SXRD PJ's, including your 60, exhibit "bright corners". Some seem to have it more than others. Lens shift doesn't affect it, from what I've heard.

Seems to be something endemic with their light engine. It seems to have gotten better on successive models.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.