AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to replace the 2x4 ceiling tiles and lights above bar area.. the ceiling area is 12x7..Can anyone recommend what size recessed lighting to buy? Actual drinking area..
.. is 5x9x30" wide.. I was thinking of 3 of these + a flouresent light in center.. thanks in advance..

http://www.homedepot.com/Lighting-Fa...atalogId=10053

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
4" fixtures with MR16 lamps are fine. I don't know that that one will work all that well with ceiling tiles, but it's worth a try - they're cheap and returnable. There are fixtures that include a rail that clips to the tile runners and takes the weight off the tile (there is a small but fairly heavy transformer in the fixture).

With the right layout you could easily do all recessed lighting and improve the appearance of the room.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I wouldn't use flourescent. I would use 3 4" cans above the bar and on another circuit I would add additional lighting throughout the seating/play area....don't forger the dimmers.

Here is my bar....4 cans above an 11' bar on one circuit. The other lighting in the bar is on another circuit. The lighting in the background is on 2 separate circuits as well...all on dimmers.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies..I thought I would need at least 3 lights , maybe another one over the sink for more light..nice bar.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by forced347 /forum/post/18147455

I wouldn't use flourescent. I would use 3 4" cans above the bar and on another circuit I would add additional lighting throughout the seating/play area....don't forger the dimmers.

Here is my bar....4 cans above an 11' bar on one circuit. The other lighting in the bar is on another circuit. The lighting in the background is on 2 separate circuits as well...all on dimmers.

What kind of paint is that?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctviggen /forum/post/18148579

What kind of paint is that?

Looks like Faux

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.