AVS Forum banner

2621 - 2640 of 2666 Posts

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
I'll take a look at Comm setup - strange that it seems to work with Quick Profiling. I'm running LS SW .3029 - @Rolls-Royce - same for you?

I did consider jumping back to a much older version of LS to confirm...........
Yes, I'm on .3029.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
When you press 'Measure' a 'Please enter a name' window will open - enter a name, and press OK.
Then a new window will open with a 30 second count-down. Press 'OK' to start measuring.

Steve
As I am using the same display for LS as to do the calibration - I hope it wasn't just an "hidden dialogue box" thing behind the Black screen. I'll take a look....:rolleyes:

(Aside - is CS different in this respect?)

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
As I am using the same display for LS as to do the calibration - I hope it wasn't just an "hidden dialogue box" thing behind the Black screen. I'll take a look....:rolleyes:
I suspect that is the issue...

(Aside - is CS different in this respect?)
Yes, you 'Save' the profile after it has been performed, and name it then - not before.

Steve

·
Registered
5,001 Posts

Yes, you 'Save' the profile after it has been performed, and name it then - not before.

Steve
I have to confess that I hadn't considered the "hidden naming window" possibility. I don't have the patterns and the program window on the same display...:eek:

·
Registered
1,432 Posts

Steve
Yes - you and your suspicions were right. I added a second monitor and Duplicated Screens - and the Display Characterisation invokes the Lumagen screen (whereas I don't think Quick Profiling must do this the same way).

I entered a filename, pressed OK on the second monitor - and ran a 17 x 17 x 17 profile overnight. Thanks for getting over this one. :)

Following this - I used Convert Colour Space *Source = Rec709, Dest = 20200521" and it seemed to work.

At this point I believe I need to upload it to the Lumagen - with Cal Patches OFF, CMS6, and Null Cube deselected. See the picture below for the error at 60%.

As every issue so far as been me...any suggestions on this one?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
What COMs port is the Lumagen actually using?
And do you get the same with other Lumagne slots?

Steve
Com 1: This works for the TPG

When this error occurs - the Lumagen needs power removing to restart the Comms.

I verified Com 1 by running Radiance Utility program - and it works Ok. On closing this down and trying Upload in LS again - I get the same error. Then Radiance Utility fails to connect too - needing a reboot.

I repeated this again, sticking with CMS0 and same result.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
What Lumagen firmware are you running?
And what about the connections?
All direct?
And you are not running any other program in the BG that could be trying to talk to the Lumagen?

We have no knows issues...
So there is likely something weird with your setup?

Steve

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
What Lumagen firmware are you running?
And what about the connections?
All direct?
And you are not running any other program in the BG that could be trying to talk to the Lumagen?

We have no knows issues...
So there is likely something weird with your setup?

Steve
It is the latest 2020 FW - 011316 - shows up in "Options" correctly, along with Serial Number

Direct from Lumagen, Null Modem Cable into a dedicated 9 pin Serial Port.

No other programs running.

I tried importing the bcs file from LS in CS, and tried uploading it there - and got the picture attached.

I noticed the Radiance SW is setup to use baud rate 28800 - what do LS use? Is it configurable anywhere? Getting to 60% means it is initially connected and then fails during transfer? I could validate this by disconnecting and seeing what % it then gets to. Another "guess" - could it fail if 9x9x9 is not recognised and a different incompatible format is being loaded? I appreciate its a guess - and no one else is reporting this issue into a 2020 :frown:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
As stated in the User Guides...

"Note: If there are issues communicating with the Lumagen perform a Factory Reset, as it is likely the box has been set to an non-standard configuration, such as Termination sequence character, or Echo response."

The baud rate you have suggests that will be the issue.

Steve

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
As stated in the User Guides...

"Note: If there are issues communicating with the Lumagen perform a Factory Reset, as it is likely the box has been set to an non-standard configuration, such as Termination sequence character, or Echo response."

The baud rate you have suggests that will be the issue.

Steve
Thanks for quick response....I have a few reasons to try and keep the Lumagen setup (labelling is a pain in the Lumagen, plus Scope Screen/memories etc all setup with Harmony).

Which option of Baud Rate would you recommend I try as a last resort first? 9600, 14400, 57600, 115kb or 230kb?

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
It may not be the Baud rate.
It's more likely to be Termination sequence character, or Echo response, etc...

Best to compare with another Lumagen user?
That should enable the specific settings to be reset.

Steve

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
That should enable the specific settings to be reset.

Steve
OK, I have reset the Lumagen with MENU 0999 and still get the error.

Thanks for your help, I’m a bit stumped...

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I'm stumped too...
What settings do you see for baud, termination, echo, etc?

Really weird.

Steve
The Baud Rate I was referring to was within Radiance Utility, and obviously didn’t change when I reset, and still communicates ok.

In the Lumagen, RE-232 Setup> Echo is ON, Delimiters= OFF, and Report mode changes = OFF

:confused:

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
The Baud Rate I was referring to was within Radiance Utility, and obviously didn’t change when I reset, and still communicates ok.

In the Lumagen, RE-232 Setup> Echo is ON, Delimiters= OFF, and Report mode changes = OFF

:confused:
Those RS-232 settings are the same as mine, which works OK. Are you leaving the Radiance utility active during the calibration? If you are, you probably shouldn't be.
I was also thinking that you may be having problems with the RS-232 Serial-USB adapter you're using. A Light Illusion competitor recommended adapters that used one particular chip, as they found instabilities with other chips. To be honest, I had used an adapter containing a different chip with no problems for several years, but upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 made that one unusable. I bought one with the recommended chipset and have had flawless operation since.
BTW, there are Serial-USB adapters that are not RS-232, but look the same as those that are. I found that out when searching for an additional adapter on Amazon last year. Hopefully you don't have one of those!

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Those RS-232 settings are the same as mine, which works OK. Are you leaving the Radiance utility active during the calibration? If you are, you shouldn't be.
I was also thinking that you may be having problems with the RS-232 Serial-USB adapter you're using. A Light Illusion competitor recommended adapters that used one particular chip, as they found instabilities with other chips. To be honest, I had used an adapter containing a different chip with no problems for several years, but upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 made that one unusable. I bought one with the recommended chipset and have had flawless operation since.
No, Radiance Utility is Closed whenever LS or CS are in use.

I do not have a RE232 Serial USB adaptor, I have a 9 Pin RS 232 straight to the motherboard.

Thanks for contributing....

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I'm stumped too...
What settings do you see for baud, termination, echo, etc?

Really weird.

Steve
I ran a quick profile, greyscale only. And then uploaded the output, just the 1D LUT, to the Lumagen with just 1D selected, to CMS 0. Transferred - 100% first time.:)

Shall I attempt another smaller profile, for 3D only, then see if that loads OK?

At this point, I am suspecting my LUT yesterday/overnight didn’t work somehow...

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
No, Radiance Utility is Closed whenever LS or CS are in use.

I do not have a RE232 Serial USB adaptor, I have a 9 Pin RS 232 straight to the motherboard.

Thanks for contributing....
You may want to check the driver settings in Windows, then. Those drivers have lots of configurable settings.

Reactions: wl1

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I ran a quick profile, greyscale only. And then uploaded the output, just the 1D LUT, to the Lumagen with just 1D selected, to CMS 0. Transferred - 100% first time.:)

Shall I attempt another smaller profile, for 3D only, then see if that loads OK?

At this point, I am suspecting my LUT yesterday/overnight didn’t work somehow...
Have never seen a 'particular' LUT fail to load - they all load, but a bad one cause causes bad images...
Do a 'file/new' (which is real LUT but with Unity data) and try the different 1D/3D/1D+3D Upload options in turn...

Steve

2621 - 2640 of 2666 Posts