AVS Forum banner

2641 - 2660 of 2666 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Have never seen a 'particular' LUT fail to load - they all load, but a bad one cause causes bad images...
Do a 'file/new' (which is real LUT but with Unity data) and try the different 1D/3D/1D+3D Upload options in turn...

Steve
The .bcs file is here.
EDIT - maybe a file limit here.

The pic shows OK loading....I'll try what you have just suggested....

The NULL cube should be DE-selected when uploading the actual LUT?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Have never seen a 'particular' LUT fail to load - they all load, but a bad one cause causes bad images...
Do a 'file/new' (which is real LUT but with Unity data) and try the different 1D/3D/1D+3D Upload options in turn...

Steve
1D only, 3D only and 1D+3D are all the same - none of the File>New uploads work. All stop at 60%

@Rolls-Royce - I just checked for Windows Rs232 drivers - it says they are the latest (or words to that effect).

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
1D only, 3D only and 1D+3D are all the same - none of the File>New uploads work. All stop at 60%
Now I'm very confused... a couple of posts back you said:
I ran a quick profile, greyscale only. And then uploaded the output, just the 1D LUT, to the Lumagen with just 1D selected, to CMS 0. Transferred - 100% first time.
So which is correct?

Steve

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Now I'm very confused... a couple of posts back you said:

So which is correct?

Steve
I apologise for being a pain....:eek:

In LS
The Null Cube radio button Selected - upload of 1D, 3D and 1D+3D is OK

When De-selected - all options stop at 60%.

In CS
With Select LUT>Unity Bypass - upload of 1D, 3D and 1D+3D is OK

When selecting a generated LUT - all options stop at 60%

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Ok - so same with both LS and CS.
But, as to why, I have no idea...

Can you use a different cable - a USB to Serial for example?
Or even try a different PC, if you have access to one?
This seems to be isolated you your specific setup, so must be something localised. :confused:

Steve

·
Registered
5,001 Posts

@Rolls-Royce - I just checked for Windows Rs232 drivers - it says they are the latest (or words to that effect).
What I meant was to look at the driver's Properties tab. In there, you'll find various settings you can use to modify the device and driver's behavior, particularly the items that control the flow of data such as CTS/RTS, keep-alive, etc.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Ok - so same with both LS and CS.
This seems to be isolated you your specific setup, so must be something localised. :confused:

Steve
What I meant was to look at the driver's Properties tab. In there, you'll find various settings you can use to modify the device and driver's behavior, particularly the items that control the flow of data such as CTS/RTS, keep-alive, etc.
Thanks again - I will carry on, hopefully tomorrow.

I have a USB>Serial adaptor and cable working fine on the Sony - now that its 1D LUT is done - I can try that cable, ruling out a RS232 Serial Port issue.

I do intend to try an older version of LS - as I am desperate.

But tonights job is to fix "no audio" on my Lumagen since resetting it....down the rabbit hole.:eek:

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Steve
I tried a different serial cable (from the Sony) - the LUT now loads OK. :eek:

So back to trying to complete my calibration. :)

(Btw- the “bad” cable works ok in the Sony, but I guess it worked OK for quick profiles too...).

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
So I have completed a Rec709 calibration targeting 2.4 gamma (low lamp) I started by loading a 1D LUT with Large Greyscale into the Sony. Then I completed a Greyscale quick profile, and loaded a 1D LUT into the Lumagen. Followed by a 17x17x17 Display Characterisation, uploading just the 3D LUT into the same CMS0.

So I have got to grips with Lightspace and Lumagen - thanks for your patience while I got my head around all the interactions, between bad cables and my lack of experience.

I have a couple of things still to clarify...

1. If I create a CSV file, and extend the Large Greyscale - will this improve the Sony 1D LUT? What is the practical limit? Is there a limit within LightSpace?

2. What is the recommended Cube size for Characterisation of a display if LUT in the Lumagen is 9x9x9?

3. If I want to repeat but targeting Gamma 2.2, I assume I can reuse the previous Large Greyscale quick profile, target 2.2 in the Colourspace Converter and upload to a new slot in the Sony.

With that selected, I can then either do another display profile 17x17x17 (Sony @2.2), and upload 1D and 3D together, or break them out separately like before.

4. Pros & Cons of splitting 1D and 3D out.? I guess any changes in 1D LUT will mean new Profiling of the display if separated ....so is less flexible. If kept together, I can just create different LUT from the one profile?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
1. If I create a CSV file, and extend the Large Greyscale - will this improve the Sony 1D LUT? What is the practical limit? Is there a limit within LightSpace?
The issue will be the probe and the display.
If the patches are to close together any instability in the probe/display will cause issues with the profile, and hence the LUT.

2. What is the recommended Cube size for Characterisation of a display if LUT in the Lumagen is 9x9x9?
As large as possible...

3. If I want to repeat but targeting Gamma 2.2, I assume I can reuse the previous Large Greyscale quick profile, target 2.2 in the Colourspace Converter and upload to a new slot in the Sony.

With that selected, I can then either do another display profile 17x17x17 (Sony), and upload 1D and 3D together, or break them out separately like before.
Yes, you can use the same profile to target any EOTF or colour space.
But, using the 1D in the Sony projector and in the Lumagen makes no sense.
Use one or the other is likely to generate better results.

4. Pros & Cons of splitting 1D and 3D out.? I guess any changes in 1D LUT will mean new Profiling of the display if separated ....so is less flexible. If kept together, I can just create different LUT from the one profile?,
With Lumagen the 1D is after the 3D, so it is better to do the 1D first, then re-profile, and then do the 3D - rather than doing the 1D+3D - that option is better when the 1D is before the 3D, as it should be if you only have 1x 1D.
(Ideally, it should be 1D -> 3D -> 1D)

Steve

·
Registered
9,498 Posts

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
LightSpace CMS 10.0.0.3032 (17 June 2020) has been released.

Release Notes

Changed operation of Camera Options to target Destination gamma when Tone Mapping active.

Changed operation of Rec709 Camera Option when Null Transfer Function selected.

Download Link: https://www.lightillusion.com/downloads.html

·
Registered
9,498 Posts

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
LightSpace CMS 10.0.0.3036 (23 September 2020) has been released.

Release Notes

Updated dE calculations to match ColourSpace.

Fixed interpolation error with VideoScale.

Updated Eizo SDK.

Download Link: Downloads

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
If I want to create a 3D LUT for a Lumagen / projector. Which version would I use? I would probably only need it once.

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
If I want to create a 3D LUT for a Lumagen / projector. Which version would I use? I would probably needed only once.
Hi,

Do you mean which license level?

If yes, then LightSpace HTL support Lumagen/eeColor/Prisma/madVR/Envy for 3D LUT, and X-Rite meters, Murideo/Accupel/PGenator.

Its supporting LG 3D LUT for 2018/2019/2020 models also via DeviceControl and LG Templates.

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
Where do I find that on the webpage? How much is the licencse?
Now it's available the LightSpace HTL for purchase, but users will get an additional license code for ColourSpace HTL also.

ColourSpace is close to final release; it's at 99% Beta status right now.

When ColourSpace is available, new users will get a license code for ColourSpace only.

When ColourSpace is available, LightSpace will not be available to purchase, but it will continue getting bug fixes (when required).

LightIllusion site already has an on-line manual/guide for both software.

For LightSpace help/guides, they are available to Support-> ''Historical Guides'' area.

2641 - 2660 of 2666 Posts