AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all :)

I am new to these forums and would like to say Hello!!

My name is Florian, i am 21 years old from Bavaria Germany. I have used this site many times as a resource and never regreted it. I like the "non-BS" aproach.

Well a bit about me, i run a small computer company here in Bavaria and my main hobby besides computers is obviously HIFI. So here are some pictures of my equipment. The camera i used is not great, but it works. I have my experience in small Home Theaters as i have owned quite a large variety of "payable" HT systems in the past. I am a fan of Maggies, and everything about them. I also enjoy other speakers too, but those are where my heart lies. And Maggies are really cool in a HT too :p

I hope i find here some nice talk and buddys who dont imediatly talk crap about box vs. planars. Everyone chooses what they like best.

So i am done ;-)

Here are some pictures of my setup. (looks nice in real life)

http://www.maggiefanclub.de/pics/mg36/1.jpg
http://www.maggiefanclub.de/pics/mg36/2.jpg
http://www.maggiefanclub.de/pics/mg36/3.jpg
http://www.maggiefanclub.de/pics/mg36/4.jpg

· Registered
7,822 Posts
What is that, a French coffin?

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks...

Heheh, well i love the looks of the Maggies. Yes they are tall (6ft) but i wouldnt trade them for anything.

The TV is on top, since i use a projector.

Cheers

PS: Its not a french coffin ;-) Take another stab at it

· Registered
8,103 Posts
Hey

The place says to me, "You are at a funeral but don't feel bad. Look on the brighter side. Black is not just the color of death; it is also one of the two colors of a bumble bee."

I like the boldness of the color scheme and the neatness of the place, but it seems to cross some serious decor lines. The black box (projector?subwoofer?) does look like a french coffin. Even worse, the coffin is sized for a small child. The viewing, unlike a one day funeral, is permanent making the child-coffin more a center of a shrine.

If you picked up a girl (and I assume that's what this is really about) and brought her there to make out with her I think you'd get a diminishing return because I think she would be wondering why she had to worship an unknown dead child to music if/awhile she made out with you. She may wonder, "Is he going to offer me to do some coke off that coffin later?"

Maybe I'm reading into this too deeply.

I'm not trying to put you down. Perhaps its an american interpretation. But I feel I must warn you--in particular-- not to make the centerpiece of a room black.

Black and yellow is stark and bold. However, not my choice of colors for interior design.

Here's a short list of the sore spots:

>cheap dampening material with un-thought-out borders

>eye killing yellow drapes

>infant coffin

>robust array of fake plants

>light industry (cheap) damping material

Suggested course of action:

Focus on the color scheme of the wood dividers, bamboo coffee table, and wood trim. Then introduce a few colors to the room that work with that color scheme.

Hope we can still be friends :)

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well ...what can i say....i do see your point.

The black "its actually a cupoard" is not very pretty and i think i will throw it out. Yes the damping material is not the "state of the art" but it does work well in the room. I know this may sound dumb but my funds are limited ;-) I will look into the color scheme.

I am a fan of dark gothic things, if i could life in a dark castle i would !!

The colors of the drapes and the room are a lot more friendly and not "yellow" but the camera just sucks.

What damping material do you suggest?

And yes we can still be friends ;-)

PS: Girls cost money, and money is needed for HIFI. Besides i am on a weird trip to find myself, which is why i tried some light colors. I am a fan of black and white actually.

· Registered
2,060 Posts
So what are those 3.6's? Or 20.1's? My parents used to have an all maggie 7.1 setup. Nice stuff.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
These are the MG 3.6R /SE :)

· Registered
7,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord_Magnepan
PS: Girls cost money, and money is needed for HIFI. Besides i am on a weird trip to find myself,
Reconsider. When finding oneself, orgasms help a lot.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lol, that can be achieved with a loose girlfriend too :p

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I used to have a THX-Ultra certified setup. Bur i just sold it 4 hrs ago.

PS: I dont need a center, since the Maggies create a holographic center. Everything that needs to be in the center, is in the center ;-)

· Banned
3,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord_Magnepan
I used to have a THX-Ultra certified setup. Bur i just sold it 4 hrs ago.

PS: I dont need a center, since the Maggies create a holographic center. Everything that needs to be in the center, is in the center ;-)

it's too bad that you missout on all those great 5.1 soundtracks on DVD....

compressing them down to 2 channels is way too much of a compromise for me.....

for 2 channel material - great setup!!!.....

but IMHO hardly "home theater"

not to mention no possiblity for many of the great multichannel music options out there on SACD and DVD-audio in very high quality hi-resolution sound.....

· Registered
Luxman 507uXii | Klipsch Forte III | Stereo Rel T7i | 77" LG G1 | Lumin U1 Mini | Denafrips Pontus I
372 Posts
Scatter some Jack Kerouac books around and look for girls also trying to find themselves and you could have a great time. With that setup you're not going to get the nightclub/retail queens, more like the bookworm, sit in your room all day, smoke, drink red wine and listen to the maggies type. Sometimes, no most times, these chicks are more exciting anyway.

In any case, it takes all kinds. Have fun!

· Registered
4,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnR_IN_LA
Nice bong ;)
That's not a bong...it's a sunflower!!!

You guys from LA crack me up. :D

Welcome to the forum, stick around it gets pretty funky in here...not unlike your current color scheme.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.