AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have recently purchased a couple of the vizio 47" plasma tvs at costco.

what i am looking for is a cost effective solution to get my, dvd, basic cable (yea i know snicker a little), vcr, and dish network, to be displayed in high definition.

i have looked for tuners, and dvd recorders nothing really does what i want it to do.

i have a sony 80gb hdd/dvd recorder with video upconverted hdmi output at 720p/1080i on my main set. It has coaxial, composite, and s-video inputs, all which are output through the hdmi out. this delivers near hd picture from whatever i input. though i do not need the recording feature, the multiple input and high def output are what i am looking for

any help would be nice

kyle

·
Registered
732 Posts
all of your inputs will be displayed at your sets native resolution. this means that they will all be 'high def'. since they come in at standard def, and must be displayed at 'high def', your display's internal scaler will scale them up.

the vizio does not have the worlds best internal scaler. you may want to consider an external scaler to do a better job converting the signal to a 'high def' signal. it still will not be as good as a signal broadcast in HD, but it will be better than your displays internal scaler.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.