AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There seems to be a decent number of people needing 4cuft boxes for the SI-18. I can get another run made up but would like to know how many. Stereo Integrity will no longer be selling that woofer and I'd hate to have flat packs sitting around that don't fit other models.

If you think you will need them, please let me know here so I can sort of figure out how many to get done (if any). I think a lot of people have ordered those woofers now that they're about to go out of stock, so maybe the number of flat packs needed would justify another run anyway, I'm just not sure.

If the number gets around 20, I'll get them done.

·
Registered
204 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich H  /t/1520110/limited-run-of-4cuft-flat-packs-for-the-stereo-integrity-18-subwoofer#post_24416201

There seems to be a decent number of people needing 4cuft boxes for the SI-18. I can get another run made up but would like to know how many. Stereo Integrity will no longer be selling that woofer and I'd hate to have flat packs sitting around that don't fit other models.

If you think you will need them, please let me know here so I can sort of figure out how many to get done (if any). I think a lot of people have ordered those woofers now that they're about to go out of stock, so maybe the number of flat packs needed would justify another run anyway, I'm just not sure.

If the number gets around 20, I'll get them done.

I had said before that I would be in for 2 if the SI's were still in stock, but now that they are out of the D4's I think I'll just go with the Daytona build instead. I'm not comfortable driving 2 ohm subs with the amp I bought for the project. Sorry - I'm out. On the positive side I'll still be using your flat pack for the Daytona build. I'm also checking your site daily to see if the Fusion 10 Pures come back in stock.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsman8  /t/1520110/limited-run-of-4cuft-flat-packs-for-the-stereo-integrity-18-subwoofer#post_24421409

these work for the UXL-18 correct?

Erich, if you get enough to make a run would you be able to change my order that I have pending with you to these boxes? Order 100002008

Yes........Yes.........Yes!!!!

The UXL-18 really needs the SI-18 sized baffle ie 18.5 outside diameter cut out. Inside diameter is fine......

·
Registered
5,785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob7145  /t/1520110/limited-run-of-4cuft-flat-packs-for-the-stereo-integrity-18-subwoofer#post_24422891

This box is the same as the PE 4cf Knockdown box? Just cut out for tha SI 18?

Either you get the proper rabbet bit for $100+............or have diysoundgroup do the job..................either way it will get done.......

Myself personally.............I'd rather have the SI-18 cut

And yes, the box is the same size, just the outside diameter baffle is different..............inside diameter is the same.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvtFoci  /t/1520110/limited-run-of-4cuft-flat-packs-for-the-stereo-integrity-18-subwoofer#post_24429565

Sooo, are there enough people for this, I'd like a box for the 18"?

That is the "Million Dollar" question! Erich from my understanding is out of HO boxes and is contemplating getting a run of SI-18 boxes which I believe should be dubbed the "UXL 18 and SI-18 flat pack. If Diysoundgroup is not going to take another run, then I'll be force to build my own.

I've already modified bracing due to fitting LMS-U driver but will work great with UXL due to pole vent. There really isn't a need to modify FP for UXL, but I feel better about it any way. I'll put your name in my thread.

·
Registered
310 Posts
It would be nice if he could do it, I'm on the fence about the SI's as it is. Not having to build a box in this cold weather would be nice abd would sway ne to get the SI 18. Living close to Chicago, so we haven't had the best box building weather here in Illinois.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by H8TWRK  /t/1520110/limited-run-of-4cuft-flat-packs-for-the-stereo-integrity-18-subwoofer#post_24432238

I need four for my UXL's that I got coming. I wasn't really looking forward to eating mdf dust

Great! We are almost halfway there and suspect twice as many due to others not posting. The SI-18 cut out is perfect for UXL and I will start post on how easy it was to modify bracing. There is no real reason to modify, but I feel better giving pole vent some breathing room. As it is......there is 2-1/2 inches from bracing to pole vent which is plenty!

·
Registered
155 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublewing11  /t/1520110/limited-run-of-4cuft-flat-packs-for-the-stereo-integrity-18-subwoofer#post_24432498

Great! We are almost halfway there and suspect twice as many due to others not posting. The SI-18 cut out is perfect for UXL and I will start post on how easy it was to modify bracing. There is no real reason to modify, but I feel better giving pole vent some breathing room. As it is......there is 2-1/2 inches from bracing to pole vent which is plenty!

Thanks DW, I look forward to the thread!

·
Registered
5,785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt2mt2  /t/1520110/limited-run-of-4cuft-flat-packs-for-the-stereo-integrity-18-subwoofer#post_24436291

I'll take 2 of these set up for UXL18's. Any idea how many boxes we have commitments for so far?

There are a few others in my thread I started that haven't posted here. Erich stated twenty and counting both threads I believe we are at fifteen.

Hopefully, Erich can chime in.......

·
Registered
78 Posts
I could probably be talked into TWO SI-18 boxes.

Brian

·
Registered
5,785 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bek1973  /t/1520110/limited-run-of-4cuft-flat-packs-for-the-stereo-integrity-18-subwoofer#post_24437126

I could probably be talked into TWO SI-18 boxes.

Brian

Great!!

We're now at 17!

Getting closer........hopefully, we can get it done. If you're considering these larger baffles......please indicate so. We are so, so very close.

1 - 20 of 170 Posts