AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Due to space constraints and in order to achieve a seamless look I will probably be breaking all the rules but I will be placing a sub(s) inside wall to wall wardrobes with cut-outs in the doors. I plan to place the sub(s) with spikes on a granite plinth so they should be isolated quite well and will have no obstructions firing into the room.

I have a REL Q200E which is a sealed 12" cube with a 10" forward firing driver rated at 250 watts - it is very highly regarded apparently & I can also source another one if need be.

I have read conflicting info as to how to place a sub and am a little lost! In my case, would placing it centrally be a bad idea as I have read placing a sub that way losses bass and causes boom? I have also read that it is best to place a sub in a corner which I can do (either left or right) but I will be unable to angle them in as normally required if I understand correctly otherwise the sound-waves just hit the opposite wall and can cancel each other out? Others have placed two subs in each corner which is also a possibility but again, I will not be able to angle them in. Please kindly refer to the images below and advise what might be best in my situation! The length between the walls is 13.12 feet (4 metres) & the distance ti the back wall is 11.81 ft (3.6 metres).

Many Thanks To All!

Bazzy!

·
Registered
15,247 Posts
Jeez, you can try the old place the sub where you'll be sitting and then do the walk around thing to find the best response. In your case and with your constraints of seemless appearance, you'd crawl against that wall to find the best spot. Then cut away. Not much else you can do if you're dead set on sinking the sub into the wall.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

Thanks indeed for the reply - much appreciated! I am not too savvy when it comes to these things so was hoping to get some insight from some of the experts here so at least I could start in the right sort of place under the circumstances otherwise, with my limited knowledge, I am not sure I would be in the best position to evaluate! Also, having a head start would immensely help me plan things in advance! Would dearly welcome any other suggestions!

Bazzy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts