AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Behind my screen wall, I am going to put bass traps in the corners. For the vertical corners, I am going to cut triangles of 703 and stack them up like I have seen done, and cover them with fabric. For the floor, where the wall meets the floor, I thought about taking some 1" linacoustic, rolling it up into an 8"-10" cylinder, and laying it on its side in the corner formed by the wall and the floor.

Any thoughts about the effectiveness of such an application versus more triangles stacked sideways along the floor would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sands_at_Pier147 /forum/post/17049935

Any thoughts about the effectiveness of such an application versus more triangles stacked sideways along the floor would be greatly appreciated.

24-inch wide triangles will be better, but only because the exposed surface area is so much larger than 8-10 inches of rolled up material. Rolls could be very effective, but you'll need more like 20 inches in diameter. At that point flat panels or filling the corner with triangles will impinge less into the room.

--Ethan

·
Registered
763 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Winer /forum/post/17053319

24-inch wide triangles will be better, but only because the exposed surface area is so much larger than 8-10 inches of rolled up material. Rolls could be very effective, but you'll need more like 20 inches in diameter. At that point flat panels or filling the corner with triangles will impinge less into the room.

--Ethan

Ethan,

I have a roll of material sitting in my garage which is over 20" in diameter. I have space behind my screen where I was thinking about storing this material to get it out of my garage. Based on your post, it sounds like I may be doing myself a favor in keeping the roll tucked behind my false screen wall instead of sitting in the garage.

If so, is there any downside to keeping the roll in my theater?

Thanks,

T.Wells

·
Registered
763 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Winer /forum/post/17060309

If by "material" you mean fiberglass rolled up tightly, that will be an excellent addition to the room. No downsides.

--Ethan

Yes Ethan, I did mean fiberglass (1" thick) which is rolled tightly.

Thank you for the advice and I will be moving the roll to my theater.

Kind regards,

T.Wells

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
me too. I also had some mineral roll left over. Would putting the rolled up linacoustic in the attic space above the ceiling (which just have one sheet of drywall separating the attic and room) have much effectiveness? My first choice is to put it by the front wall as I have space below my screen which will have my subwoofer in there but nothing else, but I already planned on placing the left over mineral wool in there after I wrap it in batting. So no space for the 1" linacoustic except for the attic space.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts