AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on making my entire front wall a black velvet curtain that would retract to expose my screen. I was planning on laying out furring strips and putting linacoustic on the entire wall including the area behind the screen. Since the wall will be hidden by a curtain I was not going to cover the linacoustic with GOM or try to make things look pretty.

I was actually thinking of keeping it simple and attach the linacoustic directly to the drywall with staples but I bet they would pull out. The other option I came up with is to screw the linacoustic rolls to the studs using a large washer to not crush the linacoustic. I think the final solution I have decided is to mount furring strips horizontally and then to use either staples or screws with plastic washers to attach the linacoustic to the furring strips. I was planning on mounting the linacoustic black side out, except for behind the screen where I might need a bit more absorption. Any thoughts?

JM

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnymenudo
I am planning on making my entire front wall a black velvet curtain that would retract to expose my screen. I was planning on laying out furring strips and putting linacoustic on the entire wall including the area behind the screen. Since the wall will be hidden by a curtain I was not going to cover the linacoustic with GOM or try to make things look pretty.

I was actually thinking of keeping it simple and attach the linacoustic directly to the drywall with staples but I bet they would pull out. The other option I came up with is to screw the linacoustic rolls to the studs using a large washer to not crush the linacoustic. I think the final solution I have decided is to mount furring strips horizontally and then to use either staples or screws with plastic washers to attach the linacoustic to the furring strips. I was planning on mounting the linacoustic black side out, except for behind the screen where I might need a bit more absorption. Any thoughts?

JM
I stapled mine and used spray adhesive to the drywall on my front wall. No problems at all. In front of that, I framed a wall right up against the LC for the screen and covered that with GOM.

Robert

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.