AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a bunch of denim insulation from lowes about a year ago. I recently setup an AT screen that hangs about 10 inches down the ceiling and about 10 inches from the floor. On the right is a wall and the screen goes all the way over to a door on the left. I plan to treat the wall behind the screen with either this denim insulation or Linacoustic.

Which would be the better material to use?

It seems the denim would be safer no?

Thanks
Ray

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I bought a bunch of denim insulation from lowes about a year ago. I recently setup an AT screen that hangs about 10 inches down the ceiling and about 10 inches from the floor. On the right is a wall and the screen goes all the way over to a door on the left. I plan to treat the wall behind the screen with either this denim insulation or Linacoustic.

Which would be the better material to use?

It seems the denim would be safer no?

Thanks
Ray
Anyone have any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No formeldhyde, off gassing.

I think that article and the subsequent discussion made me more confused!

I have a roll of linacoustic that I purchased a few months ago but haven't used it yet. It has been sitting in my garage.

I don't want to put family members in any harm just to get better sound!

I have been looking at the 16oz polyester batting also, seems there would be no fumes or dust from this although I am having problems finding how that would actually work.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks.

The product I got was OC Quiet R Rotary Duct Liner.

Reading through their spec sheet it says it safe for schools so I guess it would be safe in my room. Plus, it will not have air blowing across it.

I plan on using 2 layers, with the first layer with the sealed/coated side facing the wall, and a second layer with the coated side facing the living space.

I plan on using duct tape to seal the edges together.

I have read about using a thin layer of plastic between the two layers, what exactly does this do?

Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts