Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone direct me to some sites (or stores) where I can get

Linacoustic and the cotton batting for the walls.

Thank you much,

Oleg

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Check your local insulation and hvac wholesalers....NB Handy in my area carries the linacoustic. It's the same stuff as Insulshield or ductliner. I don't suggest buying online as shipping costs will be a killer. The rolls are bulky and weigh 50lbs or more.

For the batting, call up your local upholstery shops. I found the chains like Joanns and Walmart didn't carry 1" thick stuff. Most of the re-upholsters have it and will gladly sell it to you when you have cash in hand.

Robert

·
Registered
100 Posts
Without a doubt avoid buying it on the net you will pay 3 times or more than what you would at an HVAC supply store. Most HVAC stores will say they only sell to contractors, but just go in there and act dumb and dress like a construction worker and usually they will sell to you,,,, LOL.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is this what people use to given a level of sound insulation/isolation to their HVAC ducts and cold air returns?

I have a main HVAC and cold air return (20"x10" each) running across the section of my basement where my HT will eventually go, and have been wondering how best to treat them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.