AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to get some line attenuators since had trim maxed out on center speaker due to it being very efficient ect. My question is this, does the attenuator plug into my 4311Ci....then RCA.....then Emotiva amp OR does it go 4311Ci....RCA cable....attenuator....then Emotiva amp. I would think it would plug into Emotiva input rather than the 4311Ci output. I have never used these so would like clarification

·
Banned
14,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robc1976  /t/1520164/line-attenuators#post_24417861

Had to get some line attenuators since had trim maxed out on center speaker due to it being very efficient ect. My question is this, does the attenuator plug into my 4311Ci....then RCA.....then Emotiva amp OR does it go 4311Ci....RCA cable....attenuator....then Emotiva amp. I would think it would plug into Emotiva input rather than the 4311Ci output. I have never used these so would like clarification

The two hook ups are electrically comparable. The usual convention is to put the attenuation close to the power amp output, but its not a big deal if you do it the other way.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnyk  /t/1520164/line-attenuators#post_24417939

The two hook ups are electrically comparable. The usual convention is to put the attenuation close to the power amp output, but its not a big deal if you do it the other way.
so plug attenuator into the 4311Ci pre-out (output) then RCA cable.....do not plug into the Emotiva input correct?

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnyk  /t/1520164/line-attenuators#post_24417939

power amp you mean my AVR (4311Ci) correct? Emotiva us the external...just making sure I understand you correctly lol!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts