AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a JVC XV-M567 DVD player which is an interlaced player, I was wondering what the quality of the line doubler is on these older toshibas???? I have an opportunity to by a progressive scan player from a friend for a good price but I wont be able to view the interlaced player for a month or so on my 55HX70 as it is in storage and he wont have the progressive scan player for sale for that long.

Thanks,

AC

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is my TV to old for discussion?? haha

It is absolute torcher knowing I can not watch a new big screen for another month

AC

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Similar in performance to the current Toshibas ... (however!!!)

This assumes that the linedoubler is fully functional and sets made prior to Feb 2001 were shipped with a dysfunctional linedoubler ...

The 3:2 pull down feature was disabled ... Only a journey into the ADDR menu system could turn this feature on.

Regards

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will check the manufacturing date when I open the box and make sure. As I have had not much viewing time with the newer Toshibas or older Toshibas, I am looking for an opinion on how they perform with an Interlaced DVD as compared to a Prog. Scan. Will I notice the difference? On a scale of 1 to 10 I am about a 7 for how picky I am when it comes to pic quality. My viewing distance is about 10 feet away.

Again thanks for the answer Micheal, I hope you are enjoying the Calgary summer, I lived there for about 6 years and loved them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a Toshiba 43H71. I had an RCA5220 DVD player, and the picture looked pretty good, but when I finally bought a Toshiba 3750 progressive scan DVD player, the picture looked wonderful. Get a progressive scan DVD player. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have an 50HX70 ... An Xbox and a 3750.

To my novice eyes the 3750 in progressive mode is hands down better than 3750 in interlace mode or the Xbox DVD playback.

Only if I can get around this non-raster squeeze feature of the ??HX70 series. ( I love the 50H72 for this ) :D

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like a good opportinity to pick up a prog. scan DVD player and make it worth while, this should tide me over until I get my HTPC all ready to go. From what I understand if you feed a 540P into the colorstream inputs it will vertically compress the lines of resolution into the 16:9 play playback.

Too many toys so little time

Thanks,

Al Cooke

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.