AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using a AmPro projector. It has 7" crt's. My room is 25' X 13' The first row is about 6' from the screen. My screen size is 8'X6'. There are three rows in my theater room each rising about 12". The projector is approx. 13' from the screen. P.S. any suggestions to another problem that I am having. After the projector has been running aprox. 1/2 hour a shadow appears on the top of the screen. It comes and goes with scene changes. It is very irregular in size and timing. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Thanks for the notification of this new thread. I have only owned digital projectors, so can't speak to the issue of the shadow developing on your Ampro.

From what I understand a good line doubler such as the Iscan would be ideal with your projector and it's 7" tubes. I have owned the Iscan DVDO before and was very pleased with it.

You may have better luck with your question in the CRT projector forum and or the video processor forum. Good luck.

·
Registered
22,323 Posts
Even with a line doubler I bet you'll see the scan lines. Frankly, six feet is TOO CLOSE for your front row, at least that's my personal opinion, one shared by noted home theater installers who have recently been Special Guests at the AVS Special Guests forum here - Chris Stephens and Russ Hirschelmann. Assuming that you will not change your first row distance, then I would suggest getting a used Dwin Transcanner (the first version) - you should be able to find one for no more than $2,000 to $2,500 at the very most. Check

the AVS Classifieds and over at Audiogon and E-Bay. The Transcanner will allow you to set the number of scan lines to optimize for your projector.

Note that the Iscan is a great doubler, the problem being that with your sitting so close you'll still see scan lines with a doubler.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.