Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm way out of my depth here.

What i'm looking for is the cheapest & simplest solution to converting an interlaced signal (typically 576i, using s-video or composite etc.) to progressive (either 480p or 576p).

I have an LG Plasma which is basically unwatchable when viewing either 576i or 480i content.

Hope someone can shed some light on possible solution for me, thanks. :)

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
You can find older generation iScans on ebay from time to time for a couple of hundred that should work a treat.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Check the Focus Enhancements website for some pretty good deals on their Center Stage products. If the CS-HD can output the native rate of your plasma then you can have a brand new product for about the same price as a used iScan.

·
Registered
27,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carled
You can find older generation iScans on ebay from time to time for a couple of hundred that should work a treat.
The older iScan products (prior to the iScan-HD) will not accept or process a PAL 576i signal.

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z
The older iScan products (prior to the iScan-HD) will not accept or process a PAL 576i signal.
My iScan Ultra does (at least according to the manual and DVDO website; I've had no occasion to try it).

It's available at OneCall, if you don't want to go the eBay route.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z
iScan products going back to the iScan Pro will do this.

- Dale Adams

·
Registered
27,254 Posts
I stand corrected.

The iScan Plus V2 I used to own didn't.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy Huff
Check the Focus Enhancements website for some pretty good deals on their Center Stage products. If the CS-HD can output the native rate of your plasma then you can have a brand new product for about the same price as a used iScan.
I'll second this suggestion. If you're looking for an inexpensive solution, this is probably your best bet.

Scott

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I'd put in a strong vote for a used Iscan Pro - they take component in - interlaced, S vid, and composite. I truly love my Pro, is much more stable than the FE scaler I used (tried to use.) the DVDO is dead easy to use, even has auto switching. And best of all, if you pick it up used and don't like it, not only can you probably sell it for what you paid, you also have the option of trading it in on the new DVDO models.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingvee
And best of all, if you pick it up used and don't like it, not only can you probably sell it for what you paid, you also have the option of trading it in on the new DVDO models.
:D

Great, isn't it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.