AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the issues that I have with a lot of games (typically on PS2) is the line noise prevalent a lot of the time. There's line noise everywhere in a lot of games and I'm hoping there's some way to get rid of it or at least reduce it as much as possible. Currently, my Playstation 2 is hooked up with composite cables. Would going to component cables or a better TV help or is this something that can't be fixed?

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Can you define "line noise" a bit better? This may mean different things to different people. What exactly is it that you are seeing on the screen, and do you see it for all games, all the time?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Slordak
Can you define "line noise" a bit better? This may mean different things to different people. What exactly is it that you are seeing on the screen, and do you see it for all games, all the time?
There will be a black line (typically horizontal) in a still scene and it will exhibit a lot of horizontal movement. The line will look like it's shaking horizontally up and down rapidly. I see this in several games. Most recently I noticed quite a bit of this in the game Gungrave: Overdose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.