AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I have a RS3000 projecting on a 2:35 140 inch SI screen. I would like to be able to get a product that does not break the bank that can stretch the 16:9 content. Do older lumagen products do this? I am happy with the video quality. I also use a ub9000 and just pre-ordered the new darbee product. I just need help with a non 6000 dollar option to watch good 16:9 content on the 2:35 screen. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Your wanting to stretch 16:9 to fill up the 2.35:1 screen. Doesn't the projector have a Zoom feature? Then just blank the top and bottom of the image so everything is on the screen but cropped. My Epson 5050ub has lens memory so I can go from HD to Cinescope with a single button. My screen is 150" 2.35:1 but also is a dark grey, so the sides are completely black with 16:9 content.

·
Registered
10,336 Posts
Why would you want to spend money to watch something with everybody stretched into fatness? Masking the sides would be the far cheaper and better alternative.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your wanting to stretch 16:9 to fill up the 2.35:1 screen. Doesn't the projector have a Zoom feature? Then just blank the top and bottom of the image so everything is on the screen but cropped. My Epson 5050ub has lens memory so I can go from HD to Cinescope with a single button. My screen is 150" 2.35:1 but also is a dark grey, so the sides are completely black with 16:9 content.
Yes it does but still ends up having bars on each side. I was told the lumagen will stretch the image make it look proportionate and fill the entire screen with an amazing image.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yes it does but still ends up having bars on each side. I was told the lumagen will stretch the image make it look proportionate and fill the entire screen with an amazing image.
You're talking about Non Linear Stretch or NLS on lumagen. It will do darbee on 1080 material... 4k doesn't really need darbee as much in my opinion. The madVR Envy is in the same price range and has stated support for NLS but it's not available right now. I believe the DTM in lumagen is superior to what you are getting with the ubp and the jvc...how much better is tough to say. You're going to be in it for 6-7k if you want NLS with either processor..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yah I hear yah. I wish jvc or Sony came out with it built into there systems. Being able to project both 16.9 and 2.35 on a 2.35 filling the entire screen would be awesome. Crazy there are only really 2 options out there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts