AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm again trying to get one of my Ampro 4000D:s up and running.

Have had some problems with registration board or/and reg. amp-board, so now I've tried with the reg. board and reg. amp board from the other pj, they didn't look exactly the same, the one I put in now had much fewer transistors on the amp-board, and the heatsink was allso smaller!?

HOWEVER! ...My set is front-p. cieling mounted so, for example, the RED picture is from the centre, a lot wider on the left side then the right side, and on BLUE it's the other way around. This must be because the left hand side of the screen is alot further from the lens then the right side, right!?

Eventhough I can change the linearity on left and right side on both red and blue, it dosent quite do, on my 6.56 ft wide screen I still would like to add about 1 inch when I get to max or min of the adjustment!

My throw-length is proper I think, I have calculated it with a program named sip.exe (2000mm wide screen and 2500mm horizontal throw distance) ...is the throw distance calculated from the screen to the front of the lens, or to the base of the lens, or to the ...what?

Please help!

Janne

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
This sounds like a keystone problem. Have you gone through the guided registration on the remote?

Sip measures from the front of the projector for floor mount calculations, and from the center of the pipe on the mounting bracket (which very few of Ampro owners have). I have found it easiest to choose the floor mounting option for all of the distance calculations, especially for distance from the screen.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, thanx!

This meens I should move the Pj about 9 inches closer to the screen, so I guess I'll go and do that then! Front of projector means front of the lenses or front of the chassis, the "clam-shell"? :confused:

Yes, I've tried going through the guided setup, but I coulden't get it right, mostly because of this keystone-problem.

And now I have one more question: I did a "code 79", and now I can't see the "Help menu", not even while looking right into the green tube!

So, what should I do to get the menus back? ...a code 77???

Please help!:(

Janne.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
The 79 code resets the internal screens. The brightness may be set too low now, so try increasing it. A 77 code may set things where you can see them.

Front of projector means front of chassis.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, update:

Is it possible to get a geometrically ok pic with the toc-7 lenses???

I tried to move the PJ closer to the screen, but it only semed to make problems worse, so I then tried to move the PJ a bit further from the screen. This took the horizontal screen-size from 100 to 67.

But I still cant get the Master top and bottom PIN correct, and we're talking inches here!:eek: (The PJ is not level, I raised the back a little to get the pic closer to the center of the tube. Could this be a part of the problem?)

Allso the linearity of blue and especially red is not possible to get right. With "red right h lin", "red right width" and "red right edge" all at MIN, there still is about an inch to go. However the "red right edge" semed to change very little compared to for example "blue left edge". :confused:

Should one really have to set ALL of the "Left hand" and "Right hand" Lin, Width and Edge to MAX or MIN!??

Could one get hold of transistors similar to the ones on the Registration-amp-board? ...there were not so many, and I could quite easy change them myself!

HELP!!!!! I want to watch movies again! :(

Janne.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
You should not need to have the settings all the way to the max and min.

Maybe you should clear all the settings on the projector memory you are trying to set up and begin again with the guided registration. You can clear the current projector memory with a 29 code.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah thanks, but I've tried that allready.

Now that I've had some time to think about todays "Battling with the Ampro" ...I think the raising of the back of the PJ has made things worse. From what I remember, I think I could at least get the green pic OK before, so...

But this "side to side" linearity just has to have some other solution, I think the lack of response from "red right edge" indicates some sort of failure to the "registration board" or the "registration amp board"!:confused:

:confused: Janne :confused:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Could be the board you swapped is not quite compatible. What is the model of the projector that you are using for parts?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will have to check what model nr it has.

The one I'm using is an: 69196 and from what I can see in the manual, it should be an "early revision" since the lid opens by lifting a handle on top of the PJ.

The one I'm using for parts, on the other hand, seems to be of "later revision" since the lid on that one opens via two screws on the sides...

Janne.

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
I think the problem is much simpler.

Reset all convergence parameters to around 50%.

Check the wiring diagram, and make sure the wires for the convergence yokes are put in their correct orientation.

Make sure the switch on the V board is in the correct position.

Make sure the two jumpers on teh convergence board are in the correct position.

If any one of these is off, you'll never get correct convergence/pincushion/keystone..

Curt

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey, thanx Mr Palme!

Simple is good!

Ok, where can I find the wiring diagram?

When I changed the orientation of the PJ from front-table to front-cieling, I "twisted" the cables to the "yokes" as described in the manual, I allso flicked the switch on the V-board and the jumpers I never did find, so I asked around here, and found that tere are aparently quite common that there are no jumpers.

Since the cables all have a "lock-in-place-bump" I think I've put them in, the right way. However, the cable between the amp-board and the motherboard, I had to "twist" 180 degrees to make it fit the "lock-in-place-bump" ...since the conector on the new amp-board was placed upside-down compared to the old one.

The new amp-board seems to be made by "Gretag image systems" and the old one by "Esprit prjojection systems". The new one has a smaller heatsink and a lot less transistors.

But the "Registration-boards" look exactly the same. (No jumpers on the new one either!)

Can I try to mount the cable to the motherboard the other way? (180 degree twist)

Janne.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can't tell what model the "spare-parts-projector" is, since the plate is gone after earlier owners fan-mod to the PS.

Wiring Diagram anyone?

HELP!

Janne. P.S. Is it possible that I could have connected any cable wrong or have the switch on the V-board in the wrong position when the remote states that the "orientation" of the PJ is correct? (Front-cieling) D.S.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, I know this might come as a shock to some of you, but mr Palme was right!;) :rolleyes:

Apparently the "spare-parts-PJ" had a different model nr, so two connectors P2 and P4 had to be turned end for end.

...and that was that!

Thank you ThurmanWitte and Curt Palme for your help!

Janne.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.