AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Here is my setup.

Upstairs gameroom = Yamaha 675RXV connected wirelessly with airport express to my internet.
Zone 1 = Tower speakers, center and rear channel
Zone 2 = two niles planter speakers by the pool.

NOW...
I also have a family room downstairs with 2 klipsch in ceiling speakers and two polk bookshelf speakers. I am going to upgrade this receiver to another Yamaha as I really like the one upstairs. Thinking about doing the 577 since I don't need a zone 2 here.

So say I have a party and the upstairs Yamaha 675 has zone 1 and two playing. This is upstairs and by the pool.

How can I link the active playing signal to the receiver downstairs? I would need the receiver upstairs to send the signal through the network down to an input on the downstairs unit. I feel this is possible but no idea how.

Could I somehow send a pre-amp out signal wirelessly to some random input downstairs?
thanks
joe

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Could I somehow send a pre-amp out signal wirelessly to some random input downstairs?
thanks
joe
Yeah, there are wireless kits for RCA connections.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect!
Can you recommend a brand? I am going from one of my house to the other on another floor. There is a big open space in the center of the house that should allow the signal to flow.

Also, I was thinking if there was another solution as well.

1.) HDMI- I would use this, but HDMI out is being used for ARC. So I cannot use that.

How about Bluetooth? Perhaps I can plug something into the RCA jack that transmits Bluetooth and get the Yamaha receiver Bluetooth receiver. Would that be an better option?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Perfect!
Can you recommend a brand? I am going from one of my house to the other on another floor. There is a big open space in the center of the house that should allow the signal to flow.

Also, I was thinking if there was another solution as well.

1.) HDMI- I would use this, but HDMI out is being used for ARC. So I cannot use that.

How about Bluetooth? Perhaps I can plug something into the RCA jack that transmits Bluetooth and get the Yamaha receiver Bluetooth receiver. Would that be an better option?
I don't have any experience with them; so, no, I can't recommend a brand.

Bluetooth is almost never a great solution-- the connectivity and handshaking issues can make it a nightmare.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up ordering this av transmitter and receiver.
Nyrius NY-GS3200

It gets a good signal and will send apps installed on the yamaha 675 receiver and airplay with the exception of video. No idea why I cannot get the video to transfer.

Also anything connected to the yamaha 675 via hdmi doesn't seem to send either. It might also be true for other RCA devices I just haven't had any to test.
I simply have the transmitter connected to the Ac out jacks via RCA.

It transmits to my crappy denon 1513. Pretty much the entry level model. It is fed into the DVD RCA connectors.

At the end of the day I am getting airplay and pandora from the unit downstairs minus the video, which is fine.

It's just annoying me I cannot get video or other devices connected to the yamaha to transmit.

Maybe the denon is to crappy to convert? No idea...

Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts