AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see our moderators have the new link to important posts thread at the top of the page here... I've had a couple people I have sold pj's to lately looking for a basic order to follow for setup and I know I've seen it before but I can't seem to find it with a search. You know, just a rundown of set this, then that, set keystone then bow, then skew or whatever is a fairly simple and generic order just to get people started.... Holy focus detail is great, but is too advanced for what they can handle just yet.

So, of all the great posts on this subject which should we (I) suggest the moderators link to in that thread? Or maybe a site like eboystoys or whatever?

Troy

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Guys!

This set of procedures should accomodate almost any CRT setup situation:

a) Mount screen on wall. Use something more substantial than Velcro this time.

b) Inquire at Forum if screen is too large for my PJ.

c) Oops! Damn, too large is it?

d) Order second, smaller screen, list first screen on Ebay

e) Locate throw distance chart for projector in owners' manual

f) Buy/rent a paper shredder, give throw distance chart proper burial.....

g) Set PJ on low table close to the screen and feed it every possible signal you intend to view, ever. Even those not invented yet!!!

h) Back PJ up until all images fill width of screen with H Size set to 95%

i) Thud! Ouch! Crap!!!

j) Move the table back along with the projector! The Emergency Room people said to keep the casts on your feet for eight weeks.........

k) Okay! (eight weeks later) You have only missed half of the NFL games in HiDef so do not panic! Nice to get a few days off work, huh?

l) Having properly established the throw distance (handily marked in your blood, on the carpet!) proceed with mounting the ceiling bracket (or moving the table for floor use) and then call in someone who is trained and insured, before someone gets killed.......... :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.