·
Registered
11 Posts
Now THAT is SEXY!

Oh no, I think the technogeek in me has finally broken loose! :D

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Interesting info, thanks! They changed DACs to better ones (S/N is -100dB instead of -95dB in previous models), though as usual, no info about them or used DSPs ...

·
Registered
30,632 Posts
Quote:
Just not into the whole silver thing.
Then how about that cool blue glow around the volume knob? Sexy enough for ya!;)

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like these features available on the 430 & 630 most:

DAB tuner upgrade slot

RS232 port

Firmware upgradable

:D

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
True .. the AVR-430 would be real "sweet" when paired with an external amp (if you needed more power.)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Dang!

1499 CDN $ for the 430, the least expensive model with Dolby Headphone processing! Still this makes it the cheapest receiver with the headphone processing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looking to get a new 7.1 receiver. I have an Avr 320 (5.1) any advice?

1. Is the 630 now their Flagship model?

2. Am i gonna die holding my breath waiting for a new model with THX. (i dont want a buggy AVR8000)

3. Is THX worth dying for? (should i just get over it and pick up an AVR7200 @ the sweet prices circa 1050 US$)

4. Or is there something on these new models that is not found on the older ones (ie AVR7200) that is worth paying a few more bucks for in order to future proof or that is a feature worth having? I could also wait till prices go down on the new models, if needed.

Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Quote:
1. Is the 630 now their Flagship model?
From what I've read, no. The AVR-7200 is going to be replaced with something a few notches up from the DPR-1001 -- maybe digital amplification? I'm not fully sure and again, I'm piecing this together from the various posts that I've read of several forums.

Quote:
2. Am i gonna die holding my breath waiting for a new model with THX. (i dont want a buggy AVR8000)
If H/K dropped the THX certification with the AVR-7200, I wonder if they'll ever bring it back? After all, it does cost money for such a certification. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have it go into something else. H/K has proven they can deliver a solid product when it comes to producing power.

With that being said, the AVR-7200 is still a very *fine* product. Plus, since it's discounted to nearly 1/2 off the MSRP price, it's an even better deal. I think it's a fine receiver that should be able to carry most of us through the next few years. I'm glad I nabbed one when I had the chance. :)

·
Registered
12,300 Posts
HK will introduce more AVRs and DPRs @ January 2004 WCES, they were showing some teasers @CEDIA. Based upon the significant features found first on the AVR 430 and AVR 630, it is certain that they will raise the bar even higher. @ CEDIA I talked with the lead HK product development engineer for about 30 minutes and I was most favorably impressed both in their performance, features and breakthrough appearance. I have already put in my order for an AVR 630 as it has very significant features and specs like:

1. 75W x 7, HK specs for sure it will be over 100W/channel in actual performance

2. RS 232 Port, for DPL2X update

3. Dolby Headphone, I think the only other AVRthat has this is the $4K Denon

4. Quadruple X-Over and DVD Audio bass manager, again very advanced

5. Upgrade slot for DAB, don't know anyone doing this

They tell me the 630 will ship in late October, I will post back once this puppy arrives. Now what am I going to do with my 7200.. :confused:

·
Registered
11 Posts
@WJE

Thank you very much for confirming what I suspected, that the money saved by the 7200 not having THX is used elsewhere improving the unit, and @ the prices is it selling for today it is very difficult to resist indeed.

@M Code

Thanks for the sharing the first hand info you received at CEIDA. There are some strong arguments for getting one of the new models. All those features sound very exciting, although i would have wished that they had not gone "SILVER".

Oh well i guess i will have to sit on the fence a little longer "mulling" this over!

·
Registered
12,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dubauskas
Only two optical and coax in?
3 Coax In, 3 Optical In, 2 Coax Out, 1 Optical Out for the AVR 630.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Why no DPLIIx?

I don't understand why a company would release a brand new product without the only brand new surround format since it's last models were released.

Go SF Giants!

dc

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Quote:
Why no DPLIIx? I don't understand why a company would release a brand new product without the only brand new surround format since it's last models were released.
True. But, other manufacturers are also releasing their product without DPL IIx, too. (e.g. Yamaha 1400, 2400). These receivers were probably produced at the time the DPL IIx spec was announced a few months (6 weeks ?) back. Maybe, DPL IIx is a little further away from production than we are aware of. If it's going to take another 2 months to get "finalized" - this could be detrimental to the release of a product.

I'm not defending the practice to release a product without the reveised DPL IIx on it. However, I think there are some pieces of the puzzle that are undetermined at the moment.

·
Premium Member
14,299 Posts
Onecall and J&R have the 230 in stock. J&R has the best price but onecall will match it and give you an air shipping upgrade. All models from 230 up have 6 digital inputs...many people overlook the two on the front.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.