AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEURIS would like to create a Linux version of our High Def mpeg2 encoding software. Engineering is trying to figure out what the people of the Linux world would like to use as input. We are searching for a general consensus. Could you please give me an idea of your thoughts? Greatly appreciated.

Mark Brennan

Technical Sales

Heuris Logic

1136 Washington Ave. 7th Floor

St. Louis, MO 63101

Office: 314.534.1514 x 101

Fax: 314.534.4351
[email protected]
www.heuris.com

Headache free from NLE to HD with MPPDTV-HD software encoder.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
If I remember right, your product is, er, "professionally priced" and beyond the reach of regular people. If that is the case, then I think

1) Asking on AVS Forum isn't going to get many responses relevant to your target market, since 99% of us tend to be hobbyists.

2) Professional users will want to input the same formats regardless of platform - this assumes you are talking about input file formats when you say 'input.' If you are talking about hardware, see #1 - most hobbyists won't be able to afford professional video capture hardware.

If the encoder is affordable (say $100 range) that is another story altogether - but even then the hobbyist market is probably going to be looking at Xvid and family because its free and gets better compression ratios than regular mpeg2.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.