AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who know that 2D animation could benefit so much from adding the 3rd dimension to it.

The Lion King in 3D is absolutely breathtaking. There is layer upon layer of depth to every scene and the popout is also more subtle but nice. The separation of the background from the foreground and all the objects in between really makes it feel as if you are inside a moving popout book. Disney wen't all out and rendered every object separately from each other. I was expecting an effect similar to what you get with 2d to 3D conversions but Disney shows that 2D animation can look just as good as the CGI in 3D.

A few great examples are the intro scene where the birds are flying. Great layering and the final set of birds that come into the shot are actually poping out of the screen. The final scene with Simba vs. Mustafa is also great with amazing fire effects and embers flying out of the screen and into your face.

I really hope Disney does some more 2D 3D
animations soon.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
i enjoy your username lmao

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
conan did you watch it on a projector or a platry 3d HDTV

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
also can you add spoilers to your review because you gave away the ending thanks

·
Registered
1,152 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomNinjaAtk /forum/post/20876697

Really, are you kidding me? Have you not seen this movie before! LOL

The movie came out 94? Then Disney puts the movie in the vault for years, I wouldn't be surprised for younger people to have not seen it. I'm 30 and this movie came out when I was in 7th grade or so, I've seen it a bunch of times but my kids have never seen it.

·
Banned
1,428 Posts
I don't want to spoil anything else but... the cake is a lie.

·
Registered
682 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by conan48 /forum/post/20877944

The stupid emo lion with the scar. Wasn't his name mufasa or Mustafa or something.

That would be
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Scar, his uncle whom he fought at the end. Mufasa was his father.

·
Banned
1,338 Posts
The only good thing about lion king was the videogame on genesis/pc and the songs by elton john. the movie did not peak my interest. And it's day and night between how far pixar cg aimation has come now. Not sure i'll be getting this, 3d notwithstanding. I still havent seen some newer 3d cg animations like HTTYD, megamind ..i'll stick to buying those.

·
Registered
454 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmaolmao /forum/post/20876209

i didn't like it. it seemed unecessary.

the last thing the world needs is 2d animation in 3d.

So you don't like it and therefore it shouldn't be made? For you and people who agree with you, you have the 2D version don't you? For those of us who like 3D, there is absolutely nothing wrong with Disney creating a 3D version of the movie imo. We need more 3D content and animated movies look really good in 3D!

·
Premium Member
4,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcdesign /forum/post/20879768

So you don't like it and therefore it shouldn't be made? For you and people who agree with you, you have the 2D version don't you? For those of us who like 3D, there is absolutely nothing wrong with Disney creating a 3D version of the movie imo. We need more 3D content and animated movies look really good in 3D!

Lmao has a Mussolini complex. I think he enjoys telling people what they need and not need.

j/k!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
You're really asking for trouble when you name your baby Scar. One of those self-fulfilling prophecies, no doubt.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
I was supposed to see this on Saturday as I had free tickets to see it in a theater but I wound up in the hospital over the weekend. Thanks for the review. I have this pre-ordered.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.