AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Theatrical cut or bust, amiright, guys?

Only Disney cell animation I own on DVD and the only one I shall own on Blu-ray. (actually "1 1/2" too)

·
Registered
451 Posts
They can put the extended version on disc, but I want the theatrical too. That extra musical interlude just kills pacing.

·
Registered
122 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirpie /forum/post/19069514

I'll lead a mad mob march to Disney's doorstep if they don't have the original uncut version as an option.

Who's with me!?

So what are the differences between the versions? I'm not familiar with this issue.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieSwede /forum/post/19076309

Orginal cut or no buy. And please leave out the commercials before the movie.

You have got a better chance of getting struck by lightning on a clear day.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Awesome news! Too bad that its a year away though.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but I just can't wait to be KING!

Don't quite get why the trailers for the other movies are using unrestored or semi-restored footage for most of their duration.

Or who Disney thinks they're fooling using an analog source for the old version.

·
Banned
8,616 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgohan /forum/post/19309307

I don't know about you guys, but I just can't wait to be KING!

Don't quite get why the trailers for the other movies are using unrestored or semi-restored footage for most of their duration.

Or who Disney thinks they're fooling using an analog source for the old version.

Bambi looked way better before it was "Restored"

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Although the trailer for this on the BatB disc is shown in 1.66:1, I wonder if this will be 1.78:1 when released. Both Batb and TLK show an OAR of 1.66:1 on imdb, but BatB is 1.78:1 on Blu-ray. I suppose if the theatrical ratio was 1.85:1 it's not a big deal.

·
Registered
310 Posts

That should read destroyed.

Considering how Ghibli treat their films, it just makes me sad Disney continues to 'restore' their classics this way.

·
Registered
663 Posts
About time we know something about this movie coming out. It's about my favorite from Disney.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
3D, eh? Flat-layered cartoon drawings?

This will be weird.

1 - 20 of 170 Posts