AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed in the past two weeks or so this is rearing its ugly head again, particularly on Discovery HD and in some cases Universal HD. They seemed to have fixed the issue for awhile and now it's back.

So there's all these why's and wherefore's regarding the downrezzing etc., but can we at least get HD that's synched up properly?

And lest anyone say it's my equipment, etc, it's pretty much a well known fact that they've had this issue in the past. I'm just surprised that it continues to this day.

We can put man on the moon, but we can't...

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkaStp
using primitive analog computers that had less computing power than our digital TVs. :eek:
LOL! Ain't that the truth!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Did anyone watch Discovery yesterday for Trading Spaces? I had this echo effect the entire show, thought it was my system, but it wasnt. Had center channel audio coming out the right rear (as well as the center). Strange!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby Baker
Did anyone watch Discovery yesterday for Trading Spaces? I had this echo effect the entire show, thought it was my system, but it wasnt. Had center channel audio coming out the right rear (as well as the center). Strange!
Yes! I didn't see this particular show, but last week I was watching that Corwin nature show and the exact same thing was happening. Where are the HD quality control people?

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkaStp
Its not just you. ;)

using primitive analog computers that had less computing power than our digital TVs. :eek:
It really was a monumental achievement that's only grown larger in hindsight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.