AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed some lip sync'ing lately where the video doesn't match the audio. I first noticed from my cable box and then last night I started watching a dvd and started noticing the lip sync. I have the panny 42pwd7uy and the s77 player. Last night I turned off the 3:2 pulldown option, which i still do not know what this does, but the lip sync'ing went away. Is this caused from video or audio processing like the 3:2 pulldown, noise reduction or the AV enhancer? ANyone have this issue? Do I need the 3:2 pulldown option on? Should I turn off all av enhancing options on the display and the source?

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
My guess (and that's all it is) is that it is caused by the cumulative effect of video processing in general, not necessarily any one function in particular. The more of it there is, the greater the video delay and the more likelihood there will be lip sync problems.

I used to have a lot of problems with several D* channels, but a couple of months ago they did something (lessen compression?) to improve the signal and it has rarely been a problem since. (I process D* signals through an iScan Ultra before they get to my PDP.)

If turning 3:2 pulldown detection off fixes the problem and doesn't introduce worse effects of its own, it would seem to be the thing to do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.