AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one still getting the lip sync problem with CBS WUSA 9.1 out of Washington D.C.? I have been giving the station the credit for the problem but I haven't heard anybody else complaining lately. I just don't want to let Sony off the hook if in reality the problem is the HD-100. I never got a e-mail response from Bob Ross (CBS)about it.

·
Registered
556 Posts
1) I don't notice any lip synch problem with my Mits HD5 on WUSA.

2) Anyone else observing that WTTG-FOX is somewhat better (stronger signal) now that they've tuned up their xmitter but that WUSA is worse lately? Is it a WUSA problem or maybe just more trees in the way?

3) HD on WJLA - what's that? Tired of NYSD Blue...

------------------

R. Aster, scanning the forums

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Jimmy,

The WUSA and HD100 lip sync problem is still there. I have only heard of 2 areas that have been fixed so far. NYC and LA. Supposedly CBS is doing something wrong, but it only affects the HD100 STB???? I know that the people with the Sony who were experiencing this problem in NYC and LA aren't anymore, and the fix was done by the CBS station in those areas.

I have also noticed that WTTG 5.1 is a much stronger station now that they have finished their work, and that WUSA is not as consistent as it used to be.

------------------

Dave B.

ODAT

[This message has been edited by dmbatch (edited 04-30-2001).]

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't really say that WUSA is any worse. I can't watch it very long due to the lip sync. I usually watch CBS WJZ 13.1 out of Baltimore. A few week ago it looked like WUSA had better color than WJZ. Now they look about the same with WUSA having a weaker (softer) saturation. Maybe that is what you are talking about. I check with the same 2nd level Sony tech at least once per week. He did say the other day that I should not be to quick to blame the station. Thing is, how long does it take to fix the problem. I sense they know what it is. I worked for many years as a comm. tech for (should I say?) AT&T. Some of those years included TV broadcasts. Many times you stayed on the phone with the complaining customer while the problem was traced and fixed. It seems like now, no one wants to take ownership of a problem too quickly. It is like whom is going to blink first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.