AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on showtime HD for two weekends in a row now, i am perceiving a slight lip sync problem with the movie THE SCORE. anyone else seeing this?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Saw the lip sync problem last week. Did not watch this week. Kind of glad someone had the same problem as well. I thought it might be my equipment By the way, I have a Hughes E86 Satellite Receiver.

·
Registered
331 Posts
For the record, I observed it on my Mits SR-HD5 last week during Legally Blonde.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I'm also seeing lip synch problems using HiPix.

Usually, I can correct a lip-synch problem by stopping and re-starting the playback, but for this movie, I can't.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I watched The Score on SHO-W via HD feed on AT&T cable last night and there was indeed a lip sync problem. I didn't watch anything before or after it to notice whether the problem was just The Score, or whether it was the feed. on the other hand, it looked good.

·
Registered
48 Posts
brente - you say you watched The Score on SHO-VIA HD feed on AT&T cable? Tell me how this compaires to the regular digital cable feed. Also, what High Definition Set Top Box do you own? I am looking to buy a STB for Christmas, but don't know what to get that will work good with my crappy AT&T digital cable. Thanks!

·
Registered
502 Posts
compared to the regular digital cable feed there's no comparison - the HD picture is much much better - 1080i widescreen original aspect ration (OAR). the cable box that at&t is using here in western washington currently is the motorola digital sidecar (not sure the model number) to the digital cable box. (hopefully) in january they'll swap the 2 boxes for the single integrated motorola 5100 box - not sure that you can buy these off the shelf from anyone.

key here is whether your cable operator is putting hd signals on your cable yet. try a search for the different threads about hd cable in various parts of the country in the hdtv programming & hdtv local reception forums here.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Lloydian
For the record, I observed it on my Mits SR-HD5 last week during Legally Blonde.
I had the same thing happen to my Mits during legally blonde.

·
Registered
340 Posts
im getting a lip sync prob 2nite in legally blonde (showtime 8pm sun. nite)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.